App Update dont finding update

Hi

When i check the app update it say that everything is up to date but when i check whit this software (https : // patchmypc . com/home-updater) it find a couple of updates. Way is not Kaspersky picking up the updates?

I include a screenshot that is showing the update and Kaspersky that say that everything is up to date.

Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎2023-‎01-‎18
OS build    22621.1343
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0

Kaspersky Standard 21.9.6.465

image.thumb.png.a2fad5f3920feff72bd689f8ad258c62.png

Hello @tokar86a
Welcome!
Interesting question? (ioe) our Kaspersky software, over many years, has never managed or updated 100% of all installed apps/software on our machines. 

However, according to Kaspersky support, the Kaspersky app *does* fully manage *all* installed software - if there's an app that cannot be updated, a Notification will be sent to the user. 

In the *old* days, Kaspersky used to 'qualify' the reach of the app (software) updater by saying it managed *popular* apps but, that's no longer in the documentation; now it says: 

By default, the Kaspersky application automatically downloads and installs all updates for *known* applications if they do not require you to accept new end user license agreements.

Looking at the apps on (your) list that have not been updated, all are known to KSN. 

• You may wish to log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources:

App Updater

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Modified 'Looking at the apps on (your) list that have not been updated, all are known to KSN'

@Flood and Flood's wife

Yes i have already send a support ticket about this and this was the answer i receive:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your email.

The "Patch My PC" software says the current version for Google Chrome is 110.0.5481.177. Please check in Google Chrome for actual version. To do so, click on the 3-dot icon in the top right corner in the browser window, followed by “Help”, “About Google Chrome”.

The latest version number is 110.0.5481.178. Please let us know if Chrome has the older version or the latest one.

Thank you for contacting Kaspersky Support and have a good day!

Regards,
Ray || Customer Service Representative

And no mention about the other software. And i share the same screenshot as i did here. That was the reason i created this topic to ask the community about it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tokar86a said:

Yes, i have already send a support ticket about this and this was the answer i receive: shown above in reply.

1. And no mention about the other software. And i share the same screenshot as i did here.

Hello @tokar86a

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. That's unacceptable!
  • Have you replied & did you ask them about the other apps they *apparently* cannot see listed? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @tokar86a

1. That's unacceptable!
  • Have you replied & did you ask them about the other apps they *apparently* cannot see listed? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife and thanks for the information.

Yes i send them this replay: Yes i have 110.0.5481.178 but that is not strange as i updated the software with help of Patch My PC. But way did Kaspersky say that everything was up to date when it did dent was? And that include the other software that was included in the screenshot? 

Still waiting on a replay on this.

And this is not the first time they have responded this way. It have happen another time that they did dent read my question or miss a part of the question.

Edited by tokar86a
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tokar86a said:

Yes i send them this replay: "Yes i have 110.0.5481.178 but that is not strange as i updated the software with help of Patch My PC. But way did Kaspersky say that everything was up to date when it did dent was? And that include the other software that was included in the screenshot?"

Still waiting on a replay on this.

1. And this is not the first time they have responded this way. It has happened another time that they did dent read my question or miss a part of the question.

Hello @tokar86a

You're most welcome!

1. Not good enough. 
  2. Please share their response to (your) follow-up query, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

@Flood and Flood's wife

Here is the update that i receive:

Dear customer,

Greetings,

Thank you for your response.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

In order to work on this issue, we will need some additional information from you.

Data 1
Please create the GetSystemInfo report like so:

1. Download the utility GetSystemInfo.exe from the following direct link: https://kas.pr/GSI (click on it to initiate the download).

2. Run the GetSystemInfo.exe and click Accept

3. Click on the green Play symbol. The process can take up to 10 minutes and the progress bar may remain below 10% for most of the time.

4. A *.zip file with a name similar to this will be saved on your desktop automatically: eg. GetSystemInfo_PC_Name_Username_Date_Time.zip

5. Please send us that .zip archive containing the report as an attachment in a reply to this email.

The 'How to use the GetSystemInfo utility' guide can be found here: http://support.kaspersky.com/general/dumps/3632 (click on that link to bring up the detailed guide)

Data 2
We need the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE file. Please refer to this guide to export a registry key: http://support.kaspersky.com/1096

Please note, that registry export is performed exactly the same on Windows XP, Vista and 7, 8.

If you need assistance then we would like to invite you for a remote support session with our technicians who can temporarily take control of your computer to perform the necessary steps and diagnostics from our end.

Should you agree, please open the following link to connect with us: https://kas.pr/cach
-Remote can be initiated 24/7

Best regards.
Tines || Customer Service Representative

This seems to be more of the response that you expected that i should get the first time?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, tokar86a said:

Here is the update that i receive: shown above in last reply

1. This seems to be more of the response that you expected that i should get the first time?

Hello @tokar86a

You're most welcome!

1. Yes. 
  2. Please proceed & please share their response to (your) follow-up submission of data, when it's available? Note: the data analysis may take some time, please wait patiently, allowing them enough time to assist. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @tokar86a

You're most welcome!

1. Yes. 
  2. Please proceed & please share their response to (your) follow-up submission of data, when it's available? Note: the data analysis may take some time, please wait patiently, allowing them enough time to assist. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Yes i have send them the information but i needed to contact there remote support to send the req file as it was kind of big little over 200 MB.

He in the remote support was talking about 24 hours around that.

Keeping you posted.

• Thanks 1

@Flood and Flood's wife

Now i got a replay

Dear customer,

Thank you for your continued support. My apologies for the delayed response.

Our Escalation Team has just replied to us with the latest update.

Kaspersky Standard does not update all the apps out there. It updates only the most popular and important applications. The apps that are not the latest version according to patchmypc.com / home-updater have to be updated manually.

Have a good day and stay safe!

Amin || Customer Service Representative

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tokar86a said:

Kaspersky Standard does not update all the apps out there. It updates only the most popular and important applications.

Hello @tokar86a

You're most welcome!

So Chrome & Winrar are not *popular & important* applications, if we go by that answer from Kaspersky support?

Kaspersky could sort this really easily by improving the documentation (ioo). 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @tokar86a

You're most welcome!

So Chrome & Winrar are not *popular & important* applications, if we go by that answer from Kaspersky support?

Kaspersky could sort this really easily by improving the documentation (ioo). 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Yes it kind of strange. I send them a replay where i wondering what type of application is included in that list. Still waiting on a replay on that list of application that it update.

• Thanks 1

@Flood and Flood's wife

Something that feels strange when it comes to Chrome is that they provide a extension for the browser (https://support.kaspersky.com/common/start/12782#block5) but at the same time it is not supported whit the app update. Its like saying that we want you to be secure on the web when your are visiting website but we don't care if the software is outdated.

According there own data +10 000 Kaspersky user have Google Chrome installed.

When it comes to Discord it is +100 000 Kaspersky.

This is Kaspersky`s own data.

16 hours ago, tokar86a said:

Kaspersky Standard does not update all the apps out there. It updates only the most popular and important applications.

Then you get this replay. It sure raise some question when it comes to the word most popular means. Sure going to be nice to see that list if they replay whit one.

Chrome.png

Discord.png

37 minutes ago, tokar86a said:

Something that feels strange when it comes to Chrome is that they provide an extension for the browser (https://support.kaspersky.com/common/start/12782#block5) but (1at the same time it is not supported whit the app update.

Hello @tokar86a

1. ?Please clarify what is meant by " at the same time it is not supported whit the app update."? Do you mean because Kaspersky Standard is not listed in How to enable the Kaspersky Protection extension in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge based on Chromium? IF 'yes', that documentation applies to Kaspersky v21.3. The MR9 rollout is yet to complete, documentation for new release is also yet to be completed. 

Kaspersky Standard | Plus | Premium, Kaspersky Protection extension, Hardware and software requirements, Browser support is supported for: 

• Chromium-based Microsoft Edge 77.x – 107.x;
  • Mozilla Firefox versions 52.x – 107.x;
  • Mozilla Firefox ESR 52.x, 60.x, 68.x, 78.x, 91.x, 102.x;
  • Google Chrome versions 48.x – 108.x.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @tokar86a

1. ?Please clarify what is meant by " at the same time it is not supported whit the app update."? Do you mean because Kaspersky Standard is not listed in How to enable the Kaspersky Protection extension in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge based on Chromium? IF 'yes', that documentation applies to Kaspersky v21.3. The MR9 rollout is yet to complete, documentation for new release is also yet to be completed. 

Kaspersky Standard | Plus | Premium, Kaspersky Protection extension, Hardware and software requirements, Browser support is supported for: 

• Chromium-based Microsoft Edge 77.x – 107.x;
  • Mozilla Firefox versions 52.x – 107.x;
  • Mozilla Firefox ESR 52.x, 60.x, 68.x, 78.x, 91.x, 102.x;
  • Google Chrome versions 48.x – 108.x.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I was more thinking about the extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kaspersky-protection/ahkjpbeeocnddjkakilopmfdlnjdpcdm

web.png

3 minutes ago, tokar86a said:

Hello @tokar86a

Please clarify, we still are not clear what point you're trying to make; software won't be updated if it's current?

image.thumb.jpeg.f0ebd05ebf03a1eb4599dbf829173e80.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

7 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @tokar86a

Please clarify, we still are not clear what point you're trying to make; software won't be updated if it's current?

image.thumb.jpeg.f0ebd05ebf03a1eb4599dbf829173e80.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi

I was thinking about that they are thinking that the software is popular enough to have a extension that helps you stay safe on the internet but its not popular enough to be included in the app update list.   

9 minutes ago, tokar86a said:

I was thinking about that they are thinking that the software is popular enough to have a extension that helps you stay safe on the internet but it's not popular enough to be included in the app update list.   

Hello @tokar86a

Thank you for posting back & the clarification!

Kaspersky's browser extensions are not managed by the installed Kaspersky application & they never have been. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @tokar86a

Thank you for posting back & the clarification!

Kaspersky's browser extensions are not managed by the installed Kaspersky application & they never have been. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

How do you mean whit not manage by the installed Kaspersky application?

Kaspersky's browser extensions is communicating whit the installed Kaspersky application.

2 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @tokar86a

Thank you for posting back the extra question. 

Poor choice of words on our part, Kaspersky's browser extensions are not managed by Kaspersky's App updater & never have been. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

And that is not what i mean ether. I was more mention it like if you consider the time it take to develop a browser extension then you consider the browser to be popular and well use right and something that should be supported? 

Then it feels strange then the browser that you support whit "Kaspersky's browser extensions" is not supported in the Kaspersky's App updater.

12 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

So Chrome & Winrar are not *popular & important* applications, if we go by that answer from Kaspersky support

Like you wear talking about here. Its popular enough for a browser extensions but not popular enough to be included in the Kaspersky's App updater.

I hope this make things a little more clear what i was talking about.

50 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Kaspersky's browser extensions are not managed by Kaspersky's App updater & never have been managed by Kaspersky's Software updater (in the old version) & App updater in the new version. 

And i am not asking about way the Kaspersky's browser extensions is not included in the App update.

That type of update is handle inside the browser. Like other extensions update

@Flood and Flood's wifeHere is the respond that i got from the support. 

Dear customer,

Thank you for your patience. It's greatly appreciated.

Our experts have just responded with the following update.

Let me answer your questions:

Q1. Is there a list of the applications that the App updater update?
---
Answer: There is no such a list, regretfully.

Q2. If there is any article providing the list of applications?
---
Answer: No such an article, sorry.

Q2. Could you also ask them what requirements need to be fulfilled to be included in that list?
---
Answer: There are no requirements and no procedure to follow to add some applications to that list. This process is completely internal and not disclosed to the outer audience.

Have a great day!

Albert || Customer Support Representative