Unwelcome Kaspersky promotional material on fully paid Kaspersky subscription products

• Intermittently & as if by “magic”, Kaspersky pops unwelcome Kaspersky promotional material. 
  • Secure Connection subscription was paid and activated September 2019.
  • This time, 23rd January 2020,  the fat green bear “decided” to "appear” while we & the computer were asleep. 
  • How a fat green bear, named in part after a Japanese alcohol liqueur, represents a “global cybersecurity company offering specialized security solutions and services to fight sophisticated and evolving digital threats”, is not understood, and, in our opinion, does nothing to "convince" a global market, Kaspersky is serious about their stated objectives. 

Hello @richbuff,

Thank you for replying🙏

Neither do I.

If there are over 500 thousand topics (I’m not about to do a count), about “unwelcome promotional material, on paid active Kaspersky products”, Kaspersky must be asleep at the wheel. 

Regarding the fat green bear, I’ve yet to “read/hear” any logical explanation as to how a cartoon like character, with a meaningless name, represents & conveys the legitimacy & seriousness of tools to protect and fight cyber threats.

I hope a Kaspersky representative will respond to the issues🤔

Thank you.

Hello @chip-sy,

Your 🕷 looks suspisciously like a redback, your sense of humour matches😂 !

I’ve seen other topics about unwelcome Kaspersky “promotional” material &, @richbuff advises, he’s seen 500,000+ such topics, so no, I’m not special, especially not to Kaspersky. 

I’ve yet to see any fat green 🐻 topics or answers, for that matter🤔  

Just for the record, I buy all my Kaspersky software from Kaspersky. 

Thanks for giving me a good 😆 on an otherwise miserable day. 

BR,

Flood🐳

In meiner Welt haben wir ein anderes Sprichwort:

Ein Hund🐕 "p***ed" nie auf ein fahrendes Auto🚙

Hi Flood, 

That looks like KSEC reconnected to my.kaspersky.com and that’s why the message pops to inform that the subscription is now active.

Can you kindly collect traces with reproduction of this issue and send those over to support? 

• enable traces before turning off (putting to sleep) the computer
  • stop traces after the messages pops up the next day

Rgds,

Igor

Hello @Igor Kurzin,  

Thank you for replying. 

It may “look” like that, however, KSEC did not magically reconnect to the MyKaspersky account:

1. The device is synced with the MyKaspersky account.
  2. No sleeping humans were using the sleeping computer.
  3. In the last 6 months of using KSEC, we have never seen this particular infantile, mountain conquering  green🐻, which, btw, is the issue, if KSEC is going to sync, resync or connect to the MyKaspersky account, why do we have to be visually abused by graphics befitting pre-school age children? 
  4. Subscription has been “active” for 6 months. 
  5. Please provide us with the steps to reproduce an issue that happened “automatically”, i.e. without human intervention?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood, 

Without reproduction on traces, it will be hard to understand what exactly happened. You may attempt to follow the same path and try to catch the reproduction on traces by enabling the traces in the evening and expecting this green bear in the morning. 

By the way, regarding the green bear, I believe its a matter of taste. ;) 

Rgrds,

Igor

Hi Flood, 

We look forward to Kaspersky experts explaining why it’s necessary to have such graphics “announce” another mountain conquered?

Because it is a Kaspersky mascot.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/klgreenbear/

In Eugene’s blog (the text is in Russian, but there are lots of pics): 
https://e-kaspersky.livejournal.com/388816.html

https://eugene.kaspersky.ru/2018/12/26/midori-kuma-2018/

Hello @Igor Kurzin,

Thanks for sharing the Midori kuma🐻 links, we’ve seen more than enough of the “mascot.”

We still have no understanding how a global monolith such as Kaspersky, thinks it’s a good idea to name it’s mascot after an alcoholic beverage, a Japanese architect, a nature reserve, a village, a radio station, Oh, of course, a 🐻 , makes sense🤔 , не.

Flood🐳

Hello @Igor Kurzin,

An update: 4 days of “tracking” the elusive  Midori kuma🐻 , 7Gb of traces, it’s occured to us, how incongruous it is that Kaspersky does not know of the graphics Kaspersky has loaded Kaspersky’s own software with🤔

Do you know how hard it is for a 🐳 to climb 🏔s in seach of  Midori kuma🐨s?

Just b/w you & me, it’s easier to find & catch dropbears

😰🐳

Hello @Igor Kurzin,

A little update, having “acquired” a new 💻 , activated KSC-VPN, obviously little😉Midori kuma🐻 showed how excited “it” was

, this is “normal” within the parameters of the discussion… 

We remain “unsure” as to why it’s necessary to be so loud about it… 🤔

The original issue: 

Activated September 2019,  Midori kuma🐻decides to “loudly” announce the happy news, 6 months post activation😕

remains as elusive as the mountain conquering  Midori kuma🐻

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Igor Kurzin,

“We” are well! Thank you for asking! “We” hope you are well too”☺

“We” appreciate your protective sensibilities towards little green fatty, however, the focus of the issue is the original issue: LGF announcing “successful activation”,  6 months post the actual activation, and the fact we’ve been tasked to follow LGF up towering peaks in the hopes we’ll spot “it” making the announcement again.

I believe we’ve already had a discussion about the “entertainment” value of LGF. 

“We” don’t actively dislike LGF, “we” just don’t like “it” very much. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳