Safe-Kids not working on Windows 10

BobBuzz

I have the trial version active since yesterday on my sons PC. I have only setup the app to control screen time and block certain hours.

I asked him this morning if the app warned him his time was up - no.

Just looked on the account and there is no activity logged for today - he has been on the pc for about an hour.

The safe kids service Version 1.0.5 is running as can be seen in the task manager. There is no app running though - to check time spent etc.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Mark Wilson

Did you assign/link the Windows 10 profile that your son uses to log into the PC to a kid’s profile you’ve set up with Kaspersky?

On setting up Safe Kids (as admin) on the PC I choose my sons windows account to be monitored by Safe Kids.

Did you assign/link the Windows 10 profile that your son uses to log into the PC to a kid’s profile you’ve set up with Kaspersky?

On setting up Safe Kids (as admin) on the PC I choose my sons windows account to be monitored by Safe Kids.

Under “Device Use” settings, do you have “Block device” selected for the PC being monitored? 

If the usage isn’t being recorded by MyKids, then for some reason the link isn’t being established between the version of MyKids and your MyKaspersky account.  

Hello again @BobBuzz, Mark, 

Block device, automatically block the device when the time limit is reached: your son should see: a time allocation at first logon, a full device time timetable, warning alerts: before the expiry time & a Times up screen → images 1 to 6 below. 

This issue has been raised by a number of Kaspersky Community members/parents, both in the English & Russian Community portals & via private messages. 

1.  A detailed history
  2. What caused the problem?
  3. Did you try to solve the problem? How?
  4. Text from an error message? Screen shot? Video?
  5. Community topic URL?
  6. Support may request data & logs, they will guide you:
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks for your answer. I have decided to use the built in device time limit function from windows. Now trying to de-install Kaspersky Safe Kids - doesn´t seem to work either.

Hello @BobBuzz,

You’re most welcome☺ !

• ➡ Are there any error messages, please post images? 

To uninstall Kaspersky Safe Kids nothing else must be active, no other applications, no browsers, nothing at all, and it must be done using the Administrator account, no other account. 

Resources:

How to remove Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows from your computer

Error deleting Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows

If the issue persists, please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 2 months later...

Hello @akisgian,

Welcome back!

We’ve already advised you there’s a known issue. 

Known issue = not fixed yet. 

Expected fix - Patch H, due 11th March 2021 has a specific criteria - only applies to an issue that caused limits of device usage to stop working after exiting Sleep mode.

There’s an additional “distributive” patch H, eta 2 weeks after 11th March 2021, atm, no-one other than Kaspersky knows what the distributive fixes. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

i dont use sleep mode only shut down for this reason i sent the print screen

i cannot do - set anything else  except waiting the ne fix on 11/3 but the problem exits without using sleep mode - time limit not working .

thanks  

i don’t use sleep mode only shut down for this reason i sent the print screen

i cannot do - set anything else  except waiting the ne fix on 11/3 but the problem exits without using sleep mode - time limit not working . thanks  

Hello @akisgian,

You’re welcome🙂 !

If sleep mode is not used, Patch H, due 11th of March 2021 does not apply to you

Whether the distributive patch, due 2 weeks after 11th of March 2021, will be the fix the rest of us are waiting for, no-one other than Kaspersky knows. 

We are all waiting. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋