Open port 1234 on windows 10 with Kaspersky Total Security

Co4v3

Hi

I have Kaspersky Total Security on Windows 10 and I am trying to enable port 1234 on my PC. But even after adding the TCP and UDP rules I still cannot telnet into port 1234 on my PC from my other laptop on the same network. 

Laptop and PC are both on 192.168.1.1/24. from the laptop I can telnet to my PC on port 135 so connectivity is there. 

But when I try to telnet to port 1234 it doesn’t work I get connection refused. This is after I added the rules and restarted the PC. I used the guide here to add TCP and UDP port 1234: 
https://support.kaspersky.com/15158#block4

I am also trying to find where the logs are kept but I don’t see it under the windows application folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 21.2

here are the screenshots of the rules.

Hello @Co4v3

Shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, both devices in sequence:

1. Shutdown “other” laptop, leave it off. 
  2. Shutdown PC where there rules have been applied. 
  3. Power on PC where there rules have been applied. 
  4. Make sure KTS is active. 
  5. Power on  “other” laptop.
  6. Recheck? 
  7. If the issue remains, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Team, provide as much information as possible & include the URL to your Community topic; Support may request: traces, data, logs, they will guide you:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days (it’s often much sooner), a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

do you use, when connecting to the Internet, a router ?

how do you check if the port is open?

Yes I have a router, but I already checked and it does not block traffic within my network. Also I can ping my Win 10 machine as well as telnet to some of its other open ports so I know it is reachable. Therefore the issue is local. 

As for testing method I use telnet. It is a linux command line app you just type: telnet IP port.

Hello,

1. Do you set “Port mapping” in your router? I don’t know which router do you use, Please try to find similar place to let router create a port mapping to local machine or server. In my place, I open port 80 to the internet, You need open port 1234 to let router transfer data from port 1234 to the server in order to drop data.
  1. Move the user’s rule to the top of the default rule list.

Regards.

• 4 months later...

@Co4v3, Obvious question: do you have a listener, a program or a service that listens on port TCP1234 and/or on UDP1234 on your PC that you are trying to connect to from another computer? Typically, if you do not have a listener or a service on that port, telnet has nothing to connect to and establish a telnet session.

If you do not have a program that listens on port TCP1234, you could install and use a simple network utility called “NetCat” and create a listener on that port (it just one command in CMD window). There is “nc.exe” for Windows available.

Please note that some anitivirus programs interpret “NetCat” as a potentially harmful program.