How to stop Kaspersky from opening at the startup? I don't see an option under Startup Apps

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

I don't think you quite understand my problem, sir. To remind you about my query, I don't see a way to stop Kaspersky from opening at the startup. I don't know how disabling "fast startup/Windows Fast Boot", which I have already enabled by the way, is going to help me with this. @harlan4096

which kind of start-up are you referring to?

the shield icon in lower right task bar which indicate that kaspersky service is loaded

or

the kaspersky program interface UI opened after you boot up your system without your mannul click the program icon in the desktop? (this is a bug)

4 hours ago, Xzz123 said:

the shield icon in lower right task bar which indicate that kaspersky service is loaded

or

the kaspersky program interface UI opened after you boot up your system without your mannul click the program icon in the desktop? (this is a bug)

Hello,

you are right. This is the Bug 6574875: [Support] Kaspersky GUI opens up after PC restart

and it is analyzing now by developers. 

Workaround: 

Please press the combination "Windows Key + X" and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)". 
Then enter and execute the following command: shutdown /r /t 0

Thank you. 

• Like 4

On 9/10/2023 at 5:42 PM, Xzz123 said:

or

The former! And the setting was nowhere to be found. Up until Harlan, the moderator asked me to look for the same under Performance settings of the software itself. Startup apps under Task Manager did not show Kaspersky, even though the software always booted alongside the computer.

On 9/10/2023 at 10:31 PM, Mikhail Shakhov said:

Hello,

you are right. This is the Bug 6574875: [Support] Kaspersky GUI opens up after PC restart

and it is analyzing now by developers. 

Workaround: 

Please press the combination "Windows Key + X" and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)". 
Then enter and execute the following command: shutdown /r /t 0

Thank you. 

Will keep that in mind, thanks for chipping in. 👍

• Like 1

Hello Gray

Though curious to know why it cannot be toggled from Startup apps > Task Manager.

One reason is it could permit malicious code, to disable Kaspersky, leaving it unprotected at next start up. Within the app, the setting can be password protected. Interface settings, untick Configure application settings.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thoughts said:

Hello Gray

Though curious to know why it cannot be toggled from Startup apps > Task Manager.

One reason is it could permit malicious code, to disable Kaspersky, leaving it unprotected at next start up. Within the app, the setting can be password protected. Interface settings, untick Configure application settings.

Ah I see, thanks. Appreciate you feeding my curiosity 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 11:18 PM, NeloSousa said:

It worked for me, thank you. But  as Andrews has already said here, before executing the command we should know that windows restarts automatically and therefore we should  be able to switch off all applications before restarting.

Hello,

yes, this command reboots your PC. By the way, simple reboot via Windows interface also resolves the issue(but it must be exactly reboot, but not Shutting down of the OS - because of Fast Startup feature in Windows 10 and later - it loads OS in some kind of Hibernation, which does not restart OS kernel). 

Thank you. 

• Like 2