Downloading torrents lags computer

GACG

Hello! I have Kaspersky Total Security v 19.0.0.1088 with Windows 10 home x64 build 17763. When I download from steam or origin for example, I hit speeds of 30 mb/s without any kind of system stuttering. But when I download torrents, my whole system starts stuttering, even with only 15~20¨% CPU usage, 40% memory usage and 4% disk usage(i have a SSD). If I close kaspersky, the stuttering stops. I tried tinkering with security options with no sucesses, which my makes my PC unusable when downloading torrents (qbittorrent and utorrent gives the same problem). Any ideas?

Welcome. There are two courses of action. One is to post your GetSystemInfo report here, so forum users can help, and the other is to Contact Tech Support. 1. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/915-how-to-help-us-help-you-with-a-log-of-your-system/ 2. Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: a. Description of the issue. b. Screenshot, as needed. c. GSI

Hi, welcome to Kaspersky Community. As well as "richbuff" above post. Maybe try resetting Steam or Origin "compatibility" settings in windows. Right click on Steam or Origin Client>>properties>>compatibility. Here you can run the "compatibility troubleshooter" You can try different mode for program.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

And after 1 year stil this problem is present on my win 10 21h2 machine. Everytime i download something from torrents or from origin,steam etc my mouse pc lags and if i turn off Kaspersky total security  the lag is gone.I tried to tinker with the AV settings but nothing worked so far, not even adding the program to exclusion list,trusted aplication.I saw that this problem persist  from 2019, why is present even now nearlry to 2022? I paid money for my win 10,for the AV and the AV creates more problems that it should.How can i solve this,i tried to install and reinstall the AV and it didnt worked and dont tell to do that or run sfc/scannow or chckdsk because that is a dumb answer and it wont fix anything,because i already tried that.