Object Not Processed after Full Scan

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, I live in Asia so my KIS is from this region. So I ran like 3 full scans already as there was a Trojan vierus which was removed by KIS (and eveything is up-to-date) but looking at the report there is a notification that an OBJECT has NOT been processed (Pls see screenshots).  Here is a copy of the  report:

taller\1a71a87e.msi    1a71a87e.msi    C:\Windows\Installer    Tập tin    Không xử lý    Đối tượng chưa được xử lý    Không xử lý                    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry    CompatTelRunner.exe    C:\Windows\System32\CompatTelRunner.exe    C:\Windows\System32    3368    DESKTOP-0IAP3KA\mauri    Người dùng hiện hoạt    Dung lượng

So what do I do now?

(I understand the local language)

Thanks.

Hello @AncestralAngel

Welcome again!

Object Not Processed”, can mean an object is locked / inaccessible during a scan. 

1. Read before you create a new topic!
  2. Is 1a71a87e.msi able to be manually scanned using KIS Selective scan? 
  3. & is the Installer folder able to be manually scanned using KIS Selective scan? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi @AncestralAngel , 

What is the version of the product you are using? Hover the mouse over the Kaspersky icon Windows task bar to find out. 

“OBJECT has NOT been processed” in this case can be that the treatment of the object has been postponed till the PC restart. Please restart your PC and check the presence of 1a71a87e.msi in folder C:\Windows\Installer.

Hi, thank you for your replies, my KIS version is: version 21.3.10.391 (f)

So I did a scan to find the file on Explore and found it but when I did a right click I don’t get the option of sanning the file manually as in the screenshot.

I then when into the main application to choose the file but I could not find the file “INSTALLER” as in the screen shot.

Hi, ok, here is the new report:

Hôm nay, 24/08/2021 12:48:29 CH                        Tác vụ được bắt đầu                            avp.exe    C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3\avp.exe    C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3        DESKTOP-0IAP3KA\mauri    Người dùng hiện hoạt    
Hôm nay, 24/08/2021 8:35:12 SA    C:\Windows\Installer\1a71a87e.msi    1a71a87e.msi    C:\Windows\Installer    Tập tin    Không xử lý    Đối tượng chưa được xử lý    Không xử lý                    Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry    CompatTelRunner.exe    C:\Windows\System32\CompatTelRunner.exe    C:\Windows\System32    3368    DESKTOP-0IAP3KA\mauri    Người dùng hiện hoạt    Dung lượng

• Solution

Hello @AncestralAngel

Thank you for posting back! 

Capacity = size

1. What is the size of the object? 
  2. (ioo) it’s an (KIS) application misreporting detection🤔, however, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in Application malfunction, Other template; support will request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you.
  • Note: make sure all data, including images, are in English. 

• Logs & traces can be big to very big; run for only as long as it takes to replicate the issue, &, if any of the files cannot be attached to the incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

When Technical Support provide an answer, please share the information with the Community? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

@AncestralAngel hello!

Try to export current product settings (Manage settings - Export)

Then restore settings (Manage settings - Restore)

After this recheck the issue.

If the issue persists:

1. Check the size of the file.
  2. Check File-AV settings - Advanced. There is a setting to do not scan large file. Try to disable the option. Does it help?

If the issue persists, follow @Flood and Flood's wife suggestion and create a request to Technical support.

Thank you all for the replies. I contacted support via their Chat Support and the HelpDesk Agent told that it was no problem abut unprocessed files as this can happen if you are doing a manual scan and then you stop the program (not my case) or that some files are form the operating system and that it is not a threat to the computer,

So, as I am NOT satisfied with THEIR ANSWER I will do a fresh REFORMAT of my computer and once it’s all done I will check to see how KIS will behave.

Thx.

Hello @AncestralAngel

Thank you for the update & also providing the information provided by TS👌

(ioo), KIS reporting “Unprocessed files”, based on Size, is a KIS bug.

1. We would also not be satisfied by the information given by TS. 
  2. We’ve replicated this issue numerous times, the file sizes KIS is logging events for are very small.  
  3. Resetting to Default makes no difference. 
  4. Reformatting our devices, has made no difference. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

@Igor Kurzin@Anton Mefodys 

🕵

@AncestralAngel Kaspersky blocked the suspicious object which means that your PC is  clean and has not been infected. Tech Support ‘s  quote “no problem …” is correct.

The next step to handle the unprocessed file is however pending, and TS is the only option to investigate this issue,

Also please don’t worry ,FYI Kaspersky’s detection rate is close to 100%