Microsoft Defender Antivirus and KTS

Sorry about the bold text, the system won't let me turn it off

I'm now using KTS, vs 21.3.10.391(k), with Windows 11 Home, vs 22H2 / OS build 22621.1778, that has Microsoft Defender Antivirus installed - real-time, always-on antivirus protection

So, is microsoft defender compatible with KTS or should defender be turned off?

Thanks

Edited by SAJFLADD

9 hours ago, Berny said:

Additionally , please see Support article → Disable Windows Defender  and check WD in MSCONFIG  at "Startup" and in the "Services".

Thanks all.

Berny, Defender is now disabled in Startup, but what of the 'Windows Defender Firewall' in 'Services' - i've rebooted the PC after implementing the above procedures and it's still running, so should that be disabled/stopped also - and if so, how?

Thanks

20 hours ago, Berny said:

@SAJFLADD 

Please rightclick WD in the the Services ?

Nothing happens when right-clicking it.

Also, in Control Panel > WD Firewall, it states that ...these settings are being managed by KTS. So, should KTS be turned off, then turn off WD Firewall, then restart KTS - or not bother?

Thanks

20 hours ago, Xeno2ig said:

Kaspersky automatically turns off defender when its installed, same with Other AV's.

Thank you for your reply but this doesn't seem to be true given I had to disable WD antivirus, as per Berny's post.

15 hours ago, Berny said:

@SAJFLADD

Also, please try first turn off + reboot ?

After disabling WD in 'Startup', I did reboot the machine before checking in 'Services', but nothing happened when right clicking WD in Services - so, what do you think about what to do now?