macOS 13 very slow login after installing Kaspersky

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

13 hours ago, MarvinG said:

I am glad that because of my email to Kaspersky Support, Kaspersky may not have initiated any action to fix this issue even if this was reported 3 months ago here in the forum.

still, Kaspersky can make it better.

without the patch, it took my bootup time 1.5 minutes.

with this patch, it took the bootup time now for 17 seconds, big improvement.

without Kaspersky installed, the bootup time of Mac M2 16GB ram is 8 seconds.

It is sad that it came to this and took this long to find a fix. When I contacted Live Chat Support, they claimed it is not possible to downgrade Kaspersky. I pointed them to this thread on the forum and said look at your employee Danila T's posts. They are recommending to downgrade. Someone has to be wrong. We now know Live Chat was useless as Danila T. came through and posted the link for Kaspersky 23. I gave live chat a 1 star rating and told them to close the support ticket. I said I will just wait for Danila T to reply to my post on the forum. 

On 8/28/2023 at 4:40 AM, AntiTrust said:

It is sad that it came to this and took this long to find a fix. When I contacted Live Chat Support, they claimed it is not possible to downgrade Kaspersky. I pointed them to this thread on the forum and said look at your employee Danila T's posts. They are recommending to downgrade. Someone has to be wrong. We now know Live Chat was useless as Danila T. came through and posted the link for Kaspersky 23. I gave live chat a 1 star rating and told them to close the support ticket. I said I will just wait for Danila T to reply to my post on the forum. 

May I know where did you download Kaspersky 24? I had my automatic download and install updates ON but my version is still Kaspersky 23.0.0.179a.b.c.

Edited by MarvinG

• 4 weeks later...

after updating to Mac OS 14.0 Sonoma, the start up time of Mac OS 14.0 in M2 16GB from the time you enter your password to desktop is now 40 seconds.

Mac OS 14.0 = 40 Seconds @Kaspersky 23.0.0.179a.b.c

Mac OS 13 = 17 seconds after fixed.

Mac OS 13 Kaspersky not installed = 8 Seconds

Edited by MarvinG

35 minutes ago, MarvinG said:
  1. after updating to Mac OS 14.0 Sonoma, the startup time of Mac OS 14.0 in M2 16GB from the time you enter your password to desktop is now 40 seconds.

Hello @MarvinG

Welcome back!

1. Mac OS 14.0 Sonoma is not yet supported by Kaspersky, refer: Kaspersky for Mac, Hardware and software requirements

👉Note: Sonoma's commercial release date was the 26th September 2023 > patience Grasshopper🦗, patience.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

On 9/27/2023 at 2:23 PM, MarvinG said:

after updating to Mac OS 14.0 Sonoma, the start up time of Mac OS 14.0 in M2 16GB from the time you enter your password to desktop is now 40 seconds.

Mac OS 13 = 17 seconds after fixed.

Mac OS 13 Kaspersky not installed = 8 Seconds

Please update base of our product and restart macOS. Check problem.

On 9/27/2023 at 2:57 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @MarvinG

Welcome back!

1. Mac OS 14.0 Sonoma is not yet supported by Kaspersky, refer: Kaspersky for Mac, Hardware and software requirements

👉Note: Sonoma's commercial release date was the 26th September 2023 > patience Grasshopper🦗, patience.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

macOS 14 supported:

Kaspersky Mac 23 with patch D and Kaspersky Mac 24 with patch A.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2023 at 12:50 PM, Danila T. said:

Please update base of our product and restart macOS. Check problem.

macOS 14 supported:

Kaspersky Mac 23 with patch D and Kaspersky Mac 24 with patch A.

Hello Danica, I’ve been searching the Kaspersky Plus version 24 for Mac. And I can’t find any information. I even asked via email support but they only directed me here https://support.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-for-mac/new/15845

There is no version 24 in that link.

B7C13A27-962C-4B49-B70E-DBEAC4CC2ABC.thumb.jpeg.6701b6463e8b167a97119c8f7f53aa02.jpeg

is there any information on version 24? Thank you.