KIS causing websites to hang

binks

This would probably be just a simple switching some toggle in settings, but I don't know what to turn off or on.

I have the latest Kaspersky Internet Security and some websites, mainly video hosting ones, hang on for some time before starting to play content. There is this spinning circle like website is downloading content. There should be no problem with that as I'm working on 1gig symmetric broadband, but yet it still happening. What should I turn off or on?

I am aware of Kaspersky Standard and thank you, but no, thank you.

That's not the case of some vid needing to load as the same website displayed when KIS was uninstalled, opened within like second vs when KIS was on, it took them almost a minute or so.

45 minutes ago, Berny said:

@binks

Please try to add the ?trusted? url to the exclusions ?

Won't work. How can I add to exclusion url that I don't know I'm going to visit yet?(applies to recommended vids on YT)

14 minutes ago, nickdirect said:

Try disabling the Kaspersky Protection browser add-on, especially if it is version 2.4.33.0 (the latest) as this is causing problems for other people. Does it make a difference?

It is in Kaspersky settings. Right? If so, where? I can't find it. Cause if it is one of my browser extensions, I disabled it long time ago.

Edited by binks

22 minutes ago, binks said:

It is in Kaspersky settings. Right? If so, where? I can't find it. Cause if it is one of my browser extensions, I disabled it long time ago.

No it is in Chrome > Extensions > Kaspersky Protection.

Edited by Zintoki
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, binks said:

Hello @binks

Go to chrome://extensions/, select Kaspersky Protection, toggle the switch OFF

image.thumb.jpeg.8a32f167a5b78a3dfe7cae7e270bba8a.jpeg

Also, IF the Kaspersky Protection (extension) is ON, for the "video hosting sites, hang on for some time before starting to play content. There is this spinning circle like website is downloading content", has: 

Private Browsing, Allow data collection on this website, been enabled? 

Anti-Banner, Allow on this website, been enabled? 

image.thumb.gif.09e11b27679e175b1c78a268363ceb6b.gif

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

On 4/27/2023 at 8:22 AM, nickdirect said:

Try disabling the Kaspersky Protection browser add-on, especially if it is version 2.4.33.0 (the latest) as this is causing problems for other people. Does it make a difference?

Running into the exact same issue on Edge. Same Extension version. Edge version info: Version 112.0.1722.64 (Official build) (64-bit) on Windows 11. Up to date with April's/Mays updates. This problem started before the latest MS update downloads.

Disabling the Extension appears to work; however, it defeats the purpose entirely. Kaspersky should roll back until they resolve the issue with the extension and the new MS updates.

@binks if you are use Chrome or firefox also and you have open more tabs then you have latency / freezing right?

If yes it will be kaspersky protection addon. I have disabled it for now until fix will be available. I had more than 15 tabs open a 100% CPU usage. Thats crazy for i7 8700K. This CPU can not easily go to 100% especially if it is runed only browser and also overclocked at 5,1 GHz.