Kaspersky Free Antivirus and Comodo Firewall

hunterczech

Hello, I've tried to install Kaspersky after having COMODO Firewall installed on my Virtual machine and kaspersky alerted me that it's incompatible software. I ignored that and installed anyway but Kaspersky randomly shuts downs and doesn't work properly. What is the reason for that ? They both serve totally different purpose, why is one not working together with other one ? I really like COMODO firewall and at the same time I like Kaspersky Free AV.. Can you please fix it or recommend some way to make these two work together ? Thank you.

...then I'm afraid it won't work. Comodo firewall is also a HIPS and it restricts programs in their internet access. A function which is also contained in KFA. If you cannot disable them, the firewall will probably remain incompatible (as indicated in the compatibility list).

• 1 year later...

Hello @hunterczech 
We review and handle old topics now and see your topic post. May I ask you was your problem solved in the latest version? Please let's know this situation.
If the problem has solved or fixed, Please mark best answer to the post which could help you solved the problem, We are grateful to invite you to do this.
If the problem hasn't gone, Please let me know, Thanks!
Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been using Kaspersky A/V paid version with Comodo Firewall for years on Windows 7 and 10 computers. I noticed a while ago that on Windows 7 Kaspersky crashes a few minutes after the computer is on if Comodo Firewall is installed. Kaspersky can be restarted but will crash again a few minutes later. After some testing it appears this happens with both Kaspersky A/V paid and free versions on Windows 7 if Comodo Firewall is installed. If Comodo is turned off/paused it still causes a crash, it needs to be uninstalled completely.

On Windows 10 Kaspersky and Comodo seem to coexist together OK. I need to continue to run Windows 7 for a couple more years on this particular computer so unfortunately I can’t just upgrade it to Windows 10 for a quick fix. So while Kaspersky A/V works on both Windows 7 and 10, they don’t run on both systems equally well.

I’ve tried installing the latest versions of both Kaspersky and Comodo on a freshly installed Windows 7 OS with these results. I believe I have any overlapping features turned off on both programs as I turn most of the features off on the programs and am just using the main A/V in Kaspersky and the basic firewall in Comodo.

I’d love to have both of these programs running on that Windows 7 machine.

@FLOOD 

I understand that Comodo is on the incompatibility list (along with every other decent firewall program out there). Odd though that Comodo and Kaspersky A/V (both free and paid versions) can play together OK on Windows 10, but not Windows 7, regardless of this incompatibility.

I don’t currently have Comodo installed on the Windows 7 machine being I wanted to keep Kaspersky running. Would there still be any useful info from the GSI log if I ran that without Comodo installed?

• 1 month later...

@FLOOD Ok, finally got a chance to run the GSI logs report. Not sure if you needed the entire log, but here it is.

As I stated earlier, I’m not currently running Comodo on this machine (which I’d like to do), but I do have Tinywall firewall currently on there (which I’m not really a big fan of).

// MOD NOTE: added GSI link  https://www.getsysteminfo.com/report/43f6dfa6cf489af8cf079024eeb67679

• 8 months later...

Hi

I use the both: kaspersky security cloud free and comodo firewall on windows 10.

Works very well.

YOU HAVE TO INSTALL IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:

1-  install comodo firewall (only the firewall, nothing else, choose the good options carefully).

2- your comodo firewall must work very fine:  try it ,  check all the options. it’s OK?  next:

3- before installing kaspersky security cloud free : your firewall must be OFF : deactivate it totally!   COMODO FIREWALL OFF

4- install kaspersky security cloud free : he’s going to tell you about comodo firewall : check carefully:

the installer will discover comodo: read what it tells you, the kaspersky installer: chooses the right case to check for commodo not too quickly and it will install without problem. Then reactivate the comodo fire protection at the end.