virtual keyboard will not close on desktop

ramjam

windows 8.1

Kaspersy total security

21.3.10.391 (h)

device used: Laptop.

until a couple of weeks ago my virtual keyboard worked fine.

now when I use it, it will not close down, it will only close when I shut down safe banking completely.

I have tried using it in other browsers, firefox, chrome, brave, duckduckgo but that makes no difference.

It is very annoying as it blocks the page I'm using when doing my banking.

I would prefer to see an answer instead of being passed on to another, last week I spent 10 minutes on the phone to support and they passed me on again. Surely I am not the first person this has happened to?

Edited by ramjam
  • Like 1

Sorry but what is the point of this forum if I my remarks are ignored and I passed to people whom I've already dealt with? This is my first experience with this forum and it's disappointing to say the least! I was hoping for a better result than pass the buck!

Edited by ramjam

18 hours ago, Wesly.Zhang said:

Hello,

virtual keyboard? microsoft virtual keyboard or any third-party virtual keyboard? Please tell us more information, you can take a screeshot picture, which will help us know your issue clearly.

2022-04-04_09-10-17.png.c49adc4a516451837616de9c18e3b01c.png

2022-04-04_09-11-05.thumb.png.3e2f0c0bdd1220a96c2cfd9dcc53e5b0.png

Regards.

hi the virtual keyboard is from Kaspersky, my keyboard drivers are up to date.

Now by accident I have solved the problem. If you put your cursor exactly on the X icon to close the virtual keyboard it does not respond. I kept clicking on the x to no avail,  then by accident I put the cursor under the X icon and it closed the keyboard. So simple but an illogical interface design by Kaspersky. Hours of my and Kasperky support's time wasted by a poor design. Remember X marks the spot, not somewhere near it!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ramjam said:

Now by accident I have solved the problem. If you put your cursor exactly on the X icon to close the virtual keyboard it does not respond. I kept clicking on the x to no avail,  then by accident I put the cursor under the X icon and it closed the keyboard. So simple but an illogical interface design by Kaspersky. Hours of my and Kasperky support's time wasted by a poor design. Remember X marks the spot, not somewhere near it!!

Hello, @ramjam

I check the situation which you have reported here. Here is the operation step. Do I reproduce the case correct?

https://cloud.qainfo.ru/s/8oLdTNPPeqTUNqm

It seems no problem at all.

Regards.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Ramjam,

Thanks. I have / had the same problem; your solution works.

In my experience, your reported experience and reluctance to contact support makes dense; I have never gotten a straight answer from them, just more BS. Kaspersky ought think about how to fix this; my suggestion, make some it to US based - agents filly conversant in English, have actual knowledge od system, and actually have an interest in customer service and fixing problems.    

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 6:30 AM, ramjam said:

Hello @ramjam, @ZnaMiK, @Sknarf

This is an *old* & *known to Kaspersky* issue. 

@Sknarf, are (you) reporting it's still happening in Kaspersky's new version: 21.9.6.465 & OR  21.13.5.506

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife