Running error with safe money

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

If I open a banking site in Chrome, when it goes to open new secure protected browser it fails -> image.thumb.png.e6a768c5af4ce2508cd9a07c192f1e57.png

I then changed the settings in Safe Money from using the default browser (chrome) to use Firefox -> image.thumb.png.fae6e9696afb7739a6f625f98d703a5e.png

If I now open a banking site in Chrome it still tries to open it in Chrome, so I'm not convinced that safe money setting did anything and yes I've restarted my machine as well.

If I have Firefox open and go to a banking site then I get -> image.thumb.png.0952bdb28382bb31d60901ee3101d545.png

I have Windows 10 -> image.thumb.png.fc55ebc298a238e463d8224cfa7bd178.png

and Kaspersky total security -> image.thumb.png.591a1d53c35b02d0d6e79b99e83dbbaf.png

The issue also appeared around the same time that Kaspersky VPN updated which I don't use, so I uninstalled that. No difference.

I have also uninstalled the last few windows updates from when I noticed the issue, no change.

This may or may not be linked but very recently another app I use (Citrix app) is giving the following error - 

Failed to connect to the  server because of an SSL error : 1000004.SSL Error 4: The operation completed successfully.

These issues happened around the same time, but I'm not 100% sure if at the same point. I have also remove all citrix software while trying to fix it and at the same time test the browser issue.  I'm no further forward.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

I just turned off Kaspersky Total Security (not just paused it) and I can now open my Citrix application as expected.  So Kaspersky Total Security was the cause of my pain with the SSL error and Citrix.  Any help on this as well as the banking issue.  I suspect that the issues are now very much linked.

Note that pausing protection did nothing!  So when KTS is paused, it's obviously still running enough to cause other system issues.

1 hour ago, delp said:

W10 Home, 22 H2, OS 19045.3930, KTS v ? 

• If I open a banking site in Chrome, when it goes to open new secure protected browser it fails -> *Run error*
  • I then changed the settings in Safe Money from using the default browser (chrome) to use Firefox. If I now open a banking site in Chrome it still tries to open it in Chrome, so I'm not convinced that safe money setting did anything and yes I've restarted my machine as well.
  • If I have Firefox open and go to a banking site then I get *Application error*The issue also appeared around the same time that Kaspersky VPN updated which I don't use, so I uninstalled that. No difference.
  • I have also uninstalled the last few windows updates from when I noticed the issue, no change.
1 hour ago, delp said:
  • This may or may not be linked but very recently another app I use (Citrix app) is giving the following error - Failed to connect to the  server because of an SSL error : 1000004.SSL Error 4: The operation completed successfully
  • These issues happened around the same time, but I'm not 100% sure if at the same point. I have also remove all citrix software while trying to fix it and at the same time test the browser issue.  I'm no further forward.
1 hour ago, delp said:
  • I just turned off Kaspersky Total Security (not just paused it) and I can now open my Citrix application as expected. 
  • So Kaspersky Total Security was the cause of my pain with the SSL error and Citrix.  Any help on this as well as the banking issue.  I suspect that the issues are now very much linked.
  • Note that pausing protection did nothing!  So when KTS is paused, it's obviously still running enough to cause other system issues.

Hello @delp

Welcome!

1. Do a System backup. 
  2. Make sure the KTS *Activation code* is stored in (your) MyKaspersky account. 
  3. Export KTS Settings/configuration. Follow: How to export application settings.  (Do not Import into the new app, it's a backup config only at the moment).
  4. Uninstall KTS, follow: How to uninstall the application, do not Save any data  for future use - except for License information & Data vault - IF you've ever created & used the Data vaults. 
  5. *Upgrade* to Kaspersky Plus: use *link* in Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.Kaspersky Plus & How to install the application? 
  6. Make sure to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account -> from the Kaspersky Plus app, to ensure the app & the account synchronise & the license information is validated?  
  7. Recheck all issues? 

Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Spelling, added extra info & links

Thanks, it may not be until Fri now that I get time to check as that sounds like it may take a wee while to complete. But I will report back with outcome.

Also to note that this issue is only affecting my Win 10 machine, not Win 11.

My KTS version is -> image.thumb.png.3f779f162f970ed209679d3082beebfa.png

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Running error with safe money
  • Solution
19 minutes ago, delp said:

KTS version is -> 21.3.10.391(k)

1. It may not be until Fri now that I get time to check as that sounds like it may take a wee while to complete.
  2. But I will report back with outcome.
  3. Also to note that this issue is only affecting my Win 10 machine, not Win 11.

Hello @delp

Thank you for posting back & the additional information! 

*Read: Run error when starting Protected Browser & How to rename the Common folder*

1. Take (your) time, there's no rush & no pressure; just work at your own pace!
  2. Thank you. 
  3. Noted, thank you. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

added additional resource
  • Like 1

HELP PLEASE.  Running in Chrome I get the run error that safe money Failed to run Protected Browser. Reason: Process was stopped. I don't know how to correct this.  I am not that computer savvy trying to fix things I usually let Geek squad do that for me on my computer.  So in lyman's terms how do I fix this please.  I use Chrome for everything.  But safe money right now is running in firefox.  So what changed in chrome for it not to work?  It was working a week ago.  

HELP 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Babs56 said:

HELP PLEASE.  Running in Chrome I get the run error that safe money Failed to run Protected Browser. Reason: Process was stopped. I don't know how to correct this.  I am not that computer savvy trying to fix things I usually let Geek squad do that for me on my computer.  So in lyman's terms how do I fix this please.  I use Chrome for everything.  But safe money right now is running in firefox.  So what changed in chrome for it not to work?  It was working a week ago.  

Hello @Babs56

Welcome!

Please share with us: 

1. Windows OS version & build - in the Windows Search field, type WINVER & press enter - open the Winver app & take a screen-print of the information & post back please? 
  2. Kaspersky software name & version - in Windows Taskbar - hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About - take a screen-print of the information & post back please? 
  3. Chrome version - in the Chrome browser, select the 3 tiny vertical dots at the top right-hand-corner, select Help, select About Google Chrome - take a screen-print of the information & post back please? 
  4. ***Additional*** is there an ERROR code - with the Run error, please post a screen print? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resource:

Run error when starting Protected Browser

Changed Firefox to Chrome || Request for scree-print of run-error

First I can't get my screen to print.  If it makes sense to you I have an ASUS keyboard and a dell computer.  I have tried the print scr and the alt and F7 key nothing.  

Windows: 22H OS BUILD 19045.4046

Chrome: 122.0.6261.95 official build 64bit

As far as Kaspersky I can't get anything on that.    I right click it only shows pin to start, more, history, settings, data base, tools and scan. 

Run error

Failed to run Protected Browser. Reason: Process was stopped.

I can only run safe money in firefox.  Chrome and microsoft edge can't do.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Babs56 said:

First I can't get my screen to print.  If it makes sense to you I have an ASUS keyboard and a dell computer.  I have tried the print scr and the alt and F7 key nothing.  

Windows: 22H OS BUILD 19045.4046

Chrome: 122.0.6261.95 official build 64bit

1. As far as Kaspersky I can't get anything on that.    I right click it only shows pin to start, more, history, settings, data base, tools and scan. 

Run error

Failed to run Protected Browser. Reason: Process was stopped.

I can only run safe money in firefox.  Chrome and microsoft edge can't do.  

Hello @Babs56

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Open the Kaspersky app & select the Headset in the bottom left-hand-side of the GUI, that will open the Customer Service window, on that screen you'll be able to see the Application version - please *also* tell us the *name* of the Kaspersky software? 

USER_2024-03-05_231853.thumb.png.5e5571933a640f5999b9123298e74a31.png

Just as FYI, the Kaspersky *icon* is in (Windows) hidden icons, further across on the Windows Taskbar, select the tiny icon to show hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About: 

USER_2024-03-05_231244.thumb.png.455e308d524a4e14c9dc72abe46cb673.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

removed image

Kaspersky total security.  21.3.10.391 k  2021  A O Kaspersky Lab  This is from up icon lower right.

The other headset is the same numbers as above and Windows 10 home X64 build 19045

And thank you for helping me.  I want my safe money to run in Chrome which I use daily.  I have done what Kaspersky put on to fix this when they say its windows libraries that is the problem.  

Thanks again Babs56

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Babs56 said:

Kaspersky total security.  21.3.10.391 k  2021  A O Kaspersky Lab  This is from up icon lower right.

The other headset is the same numbers as above and Windows 10 home X64 build 19045

And thank you for helping me. 

I want my safe money to run in Chrome which I use daily. 

1. I have done what Kaspersky put on to fix this when they say its windows libraries that is the problem.  

Hello @Babs56

You're very welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information! You found it - well done👏

When you say: "I have done what Kaspersky put on to fix this when they say its windows libraries that is the problem.", does that mean you've renamed the Common folder from the recovery procedure, in the Run error when starting Protected Browser documentation - and the problem still exists in Chrome

IF the answer is "no", the please clarify as we are not sure what you mean; *also*, before doing the *recovery procedure* - IF Chrome, Edge & FireFox- SafeMoney Browsers have - tabs, history and passwords, bookmarks etc., that you wish to keep - you need to export - or backup to cloud as they will all be deleted - by the  *recovery procedure*. 

IF the answer is "yes', and the problem still exists in Chrome, it may be best to upgrade to Kaspersky Plus - the upgrade is free, it's covered in this documentation: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.

• A KTS *upgraded* subscription to Kaspersky Plus is like-for-like. 

➡️IF (you) wish to do the upgrade please follow these steps: 

1. Make sure (your) KTS Activation code is saved in (your) MyKaspersky account, read: Saving your activation code -> https://my.kaspersky.com/MyLicenses#/portal/pages/licenses.
  2. Create a System Restore Point, read: How to create a restore point in Windows
  3. Export the KTS Settings, follow: How to export application settings - (Note: do not *import* the settings at any stage while you're fixing the Chrome / SafeMoney Run-error - the Export file is a backup *only* at the moment.) 
  4. Exit *all* browsers.
  5. Uninstall KTS - during the *uninstall* there will be a prompt to *Save data for future use* - do not check *any* checkbox *except*IF (you've) been using the KTS Data Vault(s) - read: About a data vault - IF 'yes', then check the box for *Data Encryption* - IF (you) haven't used KTS Data Vault(s), leave all check boxes blank. (Note: KTS Data Vault is different to the KPM Vault). When the *uninstall* finishes make sure the computer *reboots*. 
  6. After reboot, login, download Kaspersky Plushttps://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product
  7. Install Kaspersky Plus, read: How to install the application
  8. When the Kaspersky Plus software is installed - sign into the Kaspersky Plus application with the same email that (you) use to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account - where the KTS Avtivation codeis stored, so the  Kaspersky Plus application & (your) MyKaspersky account *synchronise* - that will ensure the software activates correctly. 
  9. Run a manual Database updateHow to start an update of databases and application modules - allow it to complete.
  10. *Do not check Chome/SafeMoney yet*
  11. Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login, now check if the original error in Chrome/SafeMoney is resolved?  

Any questions or issues - please do not hesitate to post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋