Rootkit Scan - Is it still part of KTS ? I don’t see a rootkit scan in any of the Kaspersky logs. [Solved][Closed]

Go to solution Solved by celsurf,

I had this issue. When i reinstslled KIS problem resolved. 

Thank you for your answer, however, something must be wrong.

My other laptop shows that Rootkit scans stopped executing as of Nov 25, 2019.

From that point in time until today, there has not been 1 Rootkit scan executed.

So, I now have 2 laptops where Rootkit scan s not executing. 

Is there anyone else noticing this problem ? I just happen to notice by accident that it wasn’t running for the longest time on 1 laptop and never on another.  Could it be possible that a Kaspersky update broke its functionality ?

I managed to force Rootkit scan to execute via CMD.

After executing the Command below, the ‘running’ stays at 1% for 30 seconds or so and then the Rootkit scan starts executing normally.

I’m just wondering if one of the Windows Services has to be configured a certain way for Rootkit scan to function on its own without me invoking it via command line ???

1% for few minutes is normal... In mine case rootkit scan - 8000 files for 6 minutes.

Also you have turned off iSwift? Why? 

Where is GSI report? We need more info about PCs specifications and ifentify possible problems. 

@celsurf hi, the issue with RootKit scan schedule can occur in some situations when the 2019 version is upgraded to 2020. After you have run the RootKit scan manually via command line (and it completed 100%), the schedule should get restored. Please monitor the situation for a day and see if RootKit scan runs automatically now.

Hello @celsurf 

I used to have a somewhat different problem in that I never knew when the rootkit scan would run and often it interrupted what I was doing by slowing the system down. I cleared the check box for “Search for software that is intended to conceal traces of a malicious program in the system (rootkits)” and created a batch file that I could schedule as a system task when I wanted it to run. Currently the batch file is executed 30 minutes after logon. I shutdown my computer every night and start it each day so that is the most convenient time. The batch file has the following command.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 20.0\avp.com" start scan_qscan

• Solution

@celsurf hi, the issue with RootKit scan schedule can occur in some situations when the 2019 version is upgraded to 2020. After you have run the RootKit scan manually via command line (and it completed 100%), the schedule should get restored. Please monitor the situation for a day and see if RootKit scan runs automatically now.

I’ve noticed the Rootkit scan taking place on its own now after running it manually yesterday.