Please add notification to mobile phone app when kid asks for more time [MOVED]

Vitaly_by

Hello @Vitaly_by,

Welcome!

• Atm, the feature of the child requesting more usage time for an Android device is not available.
  • There are 2 configurable settings when time is up:

a. Nofify: a child can continue using the device by tapping on “I want more”, this gives a child unlimited access without Parental intervention, clearly very unsatisfactory. 
b. Block: a child is blocked from using the device.

• The issue has been with Kaspersky Safe Kids Developers for the last 6 months.
  • The functionality exists for KSK Windows, none of us understand why the same implementation cannot be done for Android devices. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...

Child is using windows PC with KSK installed. Once he send request for more time on PC, a message popup almost instantly on web page my.kaspersky.com. Also I have android phone where I setup KSK in parent mode. There is no any indication about sent request - block to see child requests is blank, no any other popup messages.

In the notification settings on my.kaspersky.com section “Send push notifications to parent mobile app” is on. Also section “Child asked for extra time to use device” is on. Rest is off.

DOes it mean that Android device cannot receive push notification? Not implemented?

Child is using windows PC with KSK installed. Once he send request for more time on PC, a message popup almost instantly on web page my.kaspersky.com. Also I have android phone where I setup KSK in parent mode. There is no any indication about sent request - block to see child requests is blank, no any other popup messages.

In the notification settings on my.kaspersky.com section “Send push notifications to parent mobile app” is on. Also section “Child asked for extra time to use device” is on. Rest is off.

Does it mean that Android device cannot receive push notification? Not implemented?

Hello @Anna,

Welcome again!

• Android devices do receive KSK push notifications. 
  • I’ve replied to your post in @Raz’s Topic child request for extra time.
  • KSK Push notifications to Android

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 10 months later...

There is no option for “Child asked for extra time to use device” on IOS?

Hello @Davor

Welcome!

iOS/KSK operates differently to Windows/KSK & Android/KSK: About device use monitoring:

On a child's iOS devices, Kaspersky Safe Kids displays a notification that it's time to take a break.

Device usage time by schedule →  on the child’s iPhones & iPads, children will see a ‘time is up’ notification → if they exceed the usage time limit you set.

Child asked for extra time to use device” option is not available for iOS/KSK. 

iOS devices cannot be blocked due to operating system limitations.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋 

Additional resources:

KSK features on iOS

How to set up KSK

Link

My question was regarding IOS parent device.

Child asked extra time on Windows - alert never came to IOS parent device and there is no option

for “Child asked for extra time to use device” .

Other problem is that child does not have option to ask extra time on blocked Android device (only complain to developers is available).

Other problem is that child does not have option to ask extra time on blocked Android device (only complain to developers is available).

Hello @Davor , 

Thank you for the additional information & the images👌

Additional to @Danila T.’s contribution:

On Androids, unfortunately, it’s not possible for the parent to evaluate “More time” requests, as they occur; if the Block mode is used, the device blocks, and remains so until a parent unblocks & or the next time period is available; if Warn is used, when a I WANT MORE prompt appears, the child simply selects I WANT MORE,  at which point, KSK grants immediate full access, no parental involvement is required→ this issue has been previously formally logged with KSK Developers, with no satisfactory resolution.  

I WANT MORE gives child unlimited access → this needs to be fixed

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋 

Thank You for quick response.

It should be reverted:

It should be “I want more” button on block mode - as it is on Windows.

Warn mode is only warning - so “I want more” button is not necessary there - my opinion. 

Davor

• 2 years later...

Tried KSK one more time. There is still no option to get alert on ios parent app when child asked for extra time?

Please see attachments- browser alert setting vs ios alert settings?

That is probably most used alert and should be available on ios app.iosappalertsettings.thumb.jpeg.10b2c80261bd6ec6904673d8eb2e6b73.jpeg

Davor

browser alert settings.PNG

1 hour ago, Davor said:

Tried KSK one more time. There is still no option to get alert on ios parent app when child asked for extra time?

Hello @Davor

Welcome back!

• Child asked for extra time to use deviceoption is not available for iOS/KSK
  • iOS devices cannot be blocked due to operating system limitations.
  • Kaspersky does not control this. 

Also, no such configurable alert exists for Android either, the *alert* is triggered by an action the child takes:

image.thumb.jpeg.33c2b542cf3e445f18396ddfc209fcc5.jpeg       image.thumb.jpeg.3ac54fab62cf02175f006bafd4644605.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added images

13 minutes ago, Davor said:

Child uses windows.

Parent uses ios app.

Child want extra time - parent cannot get alert on ios.

Hello @Davor

You're most welcome!

?Did you raise this issue with support, as you were previously advised to do, IF 'yes', what did they say? IF 'no' & IF KSK is Premium not Free or Trial, please do so: on the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

"Also, no such configurable alert exists for Android either, the *alert* is triggered by an action the child takes: "

That works perfectly in browser so not sure why is not implemented on apps.

This is actually only alert I need - without alert I don't need app at all I can do all in browser.

Regardless from alerts there are no Child's requests at all on app - Child's Requests(0) - while on browsers requests are shown.

Cannot recall anymore did i raised issue with support earlier :).

Just sent an email to them today.

I'll share the outcome with the Community, when it's available.

• Thanks 1