Kaspersky oVPN config file

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Hi guys, Does anyone have the link for the OVPN config file? I am setting up the KASPERSKY VPN straight to my router and it needs a KASPERSKY OpenVPN config file. I cant find it any where on the website. Thanks in advance. Roy

Hello @SirrRoyston, Roy, 

Welcome back!

Are you referring to software published by Openvpn, as distinct from Kaspersky software? 

• If you have a Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection subscription license, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in our image, in the problem description provide a detailed history, images & or video: if they help explain the problem & the URL/link to this Community topic: Support may request Logs & or other system data, they will guide you if necessary.

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• Confused 1

Firstly, your link takes me to enter an activation code... Which I do not have as I have an annual subscription. Secondly tech support are useless directing me in circles.

So to explain again.... I am referring to a configuration file that I hope is available to use on my router. Simply I have an Asus router that needs the server configuration file loaded so to choose a server along with my user name and password of my Kaspersky VPN premium subscription. Check this tutorial [PUB deleted]

just can't find the solution for Kaspersky. But can find a solution for [Deleted] within seconds of entering their website!? Without googling or asking helpful communities.

• Like 1

Firstly, your link takes me to enter an activation code... Which I do not have as I have an annual subscription. Secondly tech support are useless directing me in circles.

So to explain again.... I am referring to a configuration file that I hope is available to use on my router. Simply I have an Asus router that needs the server configuration file loaded so to choose a server along with my user name and password of my Kaspersky VPN premium subscription. Check this tutorial  [PUB deleted]  just can't find the solution for Kaspersky.

Hello @SirrRoyston, Roy, 

You’re welcome!

• The Kaspersky Technical Support link is to your MyKaspersky account, you’re required to log in & create a case. 
  • It’s good you have a Kaspersky software license subscription, that gives you access to the Kaspersky Technical Support experts.  
  • From the additional information you’ve now provided, it appears as though, at some point, you have engaged with Kaspersky Technical Support, that’s also good, they can help you.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• Sad 1

So to explain again.... I am referring to a configuration file that I hope is available to use on my router. Simply I have an Asus router that needs the server configuration file loaded so to choose a server along with my user name and password of my Kaspersky VPN premium subscription. Check this tutorial  [PUB deleted] , just can't find the solution for Kaspersky.

Hello @SirrRoyston, Roy, 

• You’re welcome!
  • The Kaspersky Technical Support link is to your MyKaspersky account, you’re required to log in & create a case. 
  • It’s good you have a Kaspersky software license subscription, that gives you access to the Kaspersky Technical Support experts.  
  • From the additional information you’ve now provided, it appears as though, at some point, you have engaged with Kaspersky Technical Support, they can help you.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

How does this help me though? Why does Kaspersky make it so difficult? [Deleted] provide the information I would need (if I was a [Deleted]  annual subscriber) by publishing it on their website. User friendly and easy access. I can not accept the fact that no Kaspersky VPN users have not set up their router to issue a total VPN cover on a home network/ WIFI. Surely someone in this community has done this before?

• Like 1

I can not accept the fact that no Kaspersky VPN users have not set up their router to issue a total VPN cover on a home network/ WIFI. Surely someone in this community has done this before?

I don`t think this is possible so far. Config file required can probably be provided by Kaspersky only and it doesn`t look they support this so far. Looks like a good request for a new feature.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Solution

Hi All!

We have good news:

The ability to connect routers and other devices to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

Consumers can protect their home Wi-Fi network by plugging-in routers via Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. This feature is also available for any device that supports a built-in or standard OpenVPN® client. If a user links a router to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection, all devices connected to this router will be protected. 

Moreover, users have the opportunity to plug-in devices and operating systems (OS) via OpenVPN to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection that aren’t currently supported by the product directly. This includes Linux®, Chromebook, FireTV and AndroidTV, among others. 

This feature is available for premium users. You can get the settings through your My Kaspersky account → Secure connection tab.

• Like 1