I haven't gotten the transfer email from UltraAV yet.

Jweller

I got the Kaspersky email several weeks back notifying me of the automatic mid-September transfer of me to UltraAV.  It's now mid-September and I have not received the transfer email from UltraAV yet.  Has anyone gotten the automatic transfer yet?  I'm getting nervous because the drop-dead date for Kaspersky is drawing close.

43 minutes ago, Jweller said:

I got the Kaspersky email several weeks back notifying me of the automatic mid-September transfer of me to UltraAV.  It's now mid-September and I have not received the transfer email from UltraAV yet.  Has anyone gotten the automatic transfer yet?  I'm getting nervous because the drop-dead date for Kaspersky is drawing close.

Hello @Jweller

Welcome back!

@Danila T. replied to @nickle when they raised concerns about an email they received in the topic: US Government Ban on private use of Kaspersky anti-virus - checking the UltraAV site - it still says: No action required at this time, however, you may wish to log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service  - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I didn't get anything either. Worse- Without warning the Ultra AV downloaded onto my PC this morning without warning. What the @#%^!. A computer security outfit whose job is to protect computers from improper downloads does the same to their customers.

Not a thing is known about this new software. That and today's behavior makes my decision easy to make.

Goodbye Kaspersky.

I have yet to install it myself, because I also never heard of UltraAV/Pango. I created a Kaspersky forum account only to post that solution, because I discovered it by accident. But yeah, I don't know why they weren't more transparent about this whole thing. I may just see if I can request a refund. I have SurfShark as a VPN--which also includes antivirus--which I guess is pretty good. @dwoo Have you tried the UltraAV programs? Do you think they are good?

6 hours ago, Bill J in Florida said:

I didn't get anything either. Worse- Without warning the Ultra AV downloaded onto my PC this morning without warning

Because for you US customers is Kaspersky replaced by ultra av. 

If automatic upgrade not working then people have problem and asking why automatic upgrade not working. 

If automatic upgrade works then people asking why it was downloaded automatically 😅😄

On 9/15/2024 at 7:12 AM, Jweller said:

Ya, this is a confusing mess.   I got shortcuts on my Desktop somehow and then installed the UltraAV software.  No prior email message from Kaspersky.

My Kaspersky Free became UltraAV too. It was abrupt (and scary, PowerShell popping up suddenly) I didn't get any email regard to this and I wasn't expecting Kaspersky to transfer their free users too.

UltraAV UI is very basic, so basic that I could not find any info about my subscription. It's not even on their website so I decided to let it go.

Also I noticed UltraAV installer was signed by MAX SECURE SOFTWARE INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED. I would not expect it to have the same level of protection as Kaspersky.

Edited by vbr

UltraAV automatically installing itself on my PC freaked me out. It still required me to login with my Kaspersky password/account, but no thanks. I have no idea who Pango is, and there is literally no information about their antivirus/credibility. I mentioned earlier that I have SurfShark VPN--which comes with free antivirus that received good scores by AV-Test--and decided to install that instead. Oddly enough, it said I had to uninstall Kaspersky first, so Kaspersky was still on my system (the antivirus). I still have Kaspersky Password Manager and can log into it. I don't know, this whole thing is very weird, from the US banning the software, to this hand-off to some unknown company. I'm just sad that I renewed a 3 year subscription last March or April. I would see if I can get a refund, but I don't know. I don't know if I want to give out my pay information.

9 hours ago, arby_rb88 said:

I still have Kaspersky Password Manager and can log into it.

Hello @arby_rb88

Welcome!

(ioo) given all the changes that are happening, it'd be a good idea to create a Kaspersky Password Manager (KPM) backup:    KPM, Create copy                                         image.thumb.png.094d1dea9174b3b6e0e78b43937f4b32.png

That way, any KPM changes - announced OR unannounced, you have some control/recovery measures in place. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Like 1

@nexon Ah ok. I remember looking them up in June or whenever this whole thing started to happen. I still wasn't able to find anything really about them. Regardless of the legitimacy, I don't like the way this whole thing has gone. Basically:

• Some of us got a cryptic email about the switch/partnership with Pango
  • They didn't send any follow-up messages since then
  • The latest Kaspersky update installed UltraAV onto my computer and (sort of, but not really) uninstalled Kaspersky
  • There was no opt-in notice or anything for refunds, let alone manually installing it on our computer ourselves

Just a really bad look.

• Thanks 1

@arby_rb88 I don't know what you mean in you last reply. All technical questions is for tech support. They should know more about current situation.

You have 3 choices :

1. Use ultra av 

2. Contact tech support and ask for additional questions etc 

3. Uninstall and use defender or other crap 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nexon said:

Because for you US customers is Kaspersky replaced by ultra av. 

If automatic upgrade not working then people have problem and asking why automatic upgrade not working. 

If automatic upgrade works then people asking why it was downloaded automatically 😅😄

This isn't an update. A new computer program was loaded onto my computer without warning and without permission. Kaspersky is still on my PC- not for much longer- and it is still working.

Kaspersky's communication skills are terrible. Around 5-7 years ago they charged my debit card without warning for my subscription renewal. A month ahead of time and without a prior email notification that their own written policies say they would first do.

I left for BDF. Their software is excellent but I found Kaspersky more user friendly and came back to Kaspersky for a year but turned off automatic renewal. Now I'm going back to BDF. Ironically I ordered Total Security three days ago and received the card yesterday. Just in the nick of time

Edited by Bill J in Florida
Clarify
  • Thanks 1

hey so i just  wanted to chime in. I logged into my computer and was watching a video and noticed something getting installed in the background. Me being paranoid i UNINSTALLED it completely without realizing this was a transition from kaspersky to pango. I also never got an email alerting me to this transition, yes i searched my email. so now i go to ultraav website and its asking me to purchase a subscription and cast find a way to reinstall it back without having to purchase ultraav. what should I do?

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jasonbourne said:

hey so i just  wanted to chime in. I logged into my computer and was watching a video and noticed something getting installed in the background. Me being paranoid i UNINSTALLED it completely without realizing this was a transition from kaspersky to pango. I also never got an email alerting me to this transition, yes i searched my email. so now i go to ultraav website and its asking me to purchase a subscription and cast find a way to reinstall it back without having to purchase ultraav. what should I do?

Hello @jasonbourne

Welcome!

1. In the first instance, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service  - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts , they have access to (your) subscription & private information, for privacy reasons, the Kaspersky Community doesn't  -> on the support page, select either Email or Chat, then fill in the template as shown - *select (your) Kaspersky software (1) from the drop-down list*; please include a *detailed history*: 
  • *Also - IF requesting Chat request the operator email (you)  a copy of the chat transcript *before* ending the chat - otherwise (you'll) have no record of the chat*
  • *IF they tell (you) to contact UltraAV, please do that as well, unfortunately we don't have any guidelines for their support system but the support link is:  https://support.ultrasecureav.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

image.thumb.png.b15e0d81f5c8c71fd6dd861d007f62f5.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added *additional* Install Ultra AV on Windows

Hello,

As you may know, the US authorities have restricted the sales and distribution of Kaspersky products in the US, but we remain committed to providing you with the utmost cybersecurity. And as we’re forced to limit our cybersecurity products in functionality, we give you an opportunity to get a replacement security solution by our trusted partner — UltraAV.
UltraAV will be activated under your existing subscription and login information, license duration and device coverage are carried over, and there is no price increase. There’s no effort needed from your side, and your Windows apps will update automatically – only very old Windows app versions, Android, Mac and iOS apps require manual update, which we additionally inform you about in corresponding in-app communications.

• Like 1