Adlesse is recognized as dangerous by browser and i can't delete it.

l am using yandex browser and despite deleting this adlesse extension it comes back. l have also tried deleting its folder but it still came back. lt also shows most things inside the folder are last modified in 2016 but folders themselves show the correct time it has been reinstalled. Kaspersky does not pick up anything.

There is no entry for adlesse. There is "VideoAdsBlocker" but i can't uninstall it. lt gives not found error.

l did check the startup and it seems only thing missing is version number which is: 21.17.7.539

Scan found 14 objects. Log:

# -------------------------------
# Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.4.2.0
# Build:    03-04-2024
# Database: 2024-03-04.1 (Cloud)
# Support:
#
# Mode: Scan
# Start:    06-12-2024
# Duration: 00:00:37
# OS:       Windows 10 (Build 19043.1466)
# Scanned:  32100
# Detected: 14

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services found.

***** [ Folders ] *****

PUP.Optional.DriverPack         C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming\DRPSu

***** [ Files ] *****

No malicious files found.

***** [ DLL ] *****

No malicious DLLs found.

***** [ WMI ] *****

No malicious WMI found.

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

No malicious shortcuts found.

***** [ Tasks ] *****

PUP.Optional.DriverPack         C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\DRPNPS

***** [ Registry ] *****

PUP.Optional.DriverPack         HKCU\Software\drpsu
PUP.Optional.DriverPack         HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Boot\{62E7ED21-3835-4AA0-9D4C-F6C88E98505F}

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Treehouse said:
  • (previously) - 13th June 02:20, 2024 - it seems the only thing missing is v#: v21.17.7.539
  1. it is back.

Hello @Treehouse

Thank you for the information!

1. In Yandex browser, which Search engine is configured - check the Smart box? 
  2. In Yandex browser - has a *full* browser reset been done, read: What happens when Yandex Browser settings are reset
  3. When (you) wrote the information about the version # missing - did you mean the version number information was missing from the Kaspersky Free app OR that the information had not been provided for this topic? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added Q3.

3 minutes ago, Treehouse said:
  • Yandex
  1. No. Should i do that?
  2. lf i should, do i reinstall the browser or is resetting settings enough?
  3. (previously) - 13th June 02:20, 2024 - it seems the only thing missing is v#: v21.17.7.539

Hello @Treehouse

Thank you for the information!

1. Yes. 
  2. Settings reset, reinstalling the browser is not required. 
  3. 13th June 02:20, 2024: when (you) wrote the information about the version number missing - did you mean the version number information was missing from the Kaspersky Free app OR that the information had not been provided for this topic? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

@Flood and Flood's wife lt didn't really help. lt disabled the extensions but didn't remove them. Adlesse was still there. (Also version number was missing from the topic. That was the only mistake i made there. Then i wrote the number. l couldn't write it if it was missing from the app.)

l deleted it again, maybe it won't come back this time but i doubt it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Treehouse said:

(Also version number was missing from the topic. That was the only mistake i made there. Then i wrote the number. l couldn't write it if it was missing from the app.)

lt didn't really help. lt disabled the extensions but didn't remove them. Adlesse was still there.

Hello @Treehouse

Thank you for posting back & the version # info, we thought that's what you meant but wanted to make sure - just in case!

1. What's the Yandex version? 
  2. What's the Adlesse version?
  3. When you're in the Yandex browser - are you logged in with a User account? 
  4. When Adlesse first became a problem, had you *manually* installed it? IF YES, where from? 
  5. Is Yandex still telling you Adlesse is DANGEROUS? IF YES, post a *full-screen-screen-print* - we need to see what you see (hide any private information before posting please)?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Sorry for not answering timely. l don't have wifi or permanent internet access.

1. lt's 24.6.0.1874 (64-bit)

2. lt's 1.3.7.1

3. Yes

4. l installed it once upon a time from extension store iirc. l don't remember. lt became problematic recently. lt didn't give warnings before. 

5. l can not get it to show me the warning now. lt is undeleteable though. l just deleted another extension and its gone but adlesse comes back. l open extensions folder in AppData\Local\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Extensions and its folder literally manifest itself right in front of my eyes as i launch the browser.