[3820261]Firewall apps rules: impossible to add new app to a subgroup (existing or new) [Plan publish fix in 2020 patch G Dec. 9] [Closed]

momo
Go to solution Solved by Mikhail Shakhov,

@momoThis is a User Forum , please contact K-Lab Technical Support.

Anyway…….thank you all for your support and attention, and please forgive my outburst.

I think the best one to contact is Amazon to buy a security suite from another producer

• 3 weeks later...

Hello  @Sib3riX,

Welcome back!

Thank you for the update. 

⚠ The UAC Attention alert (from the image you posted from the Author’s image) is simply asking for “consent” to make changes⚠

➡ It’s a normal component of all Kaspersky AV software.

➡ To make any changes to the Kaspersky software, consent must be granted, otherwise, the “change” process will be terminated. 

➡ Have you used the image as being representative of the issue you’re experiencing? 🤔

🛑 Please show us an image of the actual issue from your system? 🛑

&, if there’s an issue other than “consent” (which is not an issue) & you haven’t already, please raise a case with Kaspersky Lab Technical Support, include a GSI&Windows Logs, detailed history, images from your system, include the information provided by  @Mikhail Shakhov. Support may ask for Traces, captured as the issue is replicated, they will guide you with the procedure/s. 

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Hello   @Mikhail Shakhov,

I can see what @Sib3riX is concerned about:

(for example) KTS, Manage Applications, Clean up

⚠ UAC popup displays (that’s not normal)

• Previous to patch g, selecting Clean up has never propmpted a UAC
  • Cancel UAC, don’t grant consent, GUI presents “List is up to date” 

🤔

Hello  @Sib3riX,

Hmmm, yes, I understand, now 👍

The Clean Up has never before pushed a UAC prompt, neither should it, it’s not a change…. 

FW add, I’ll test tomorrow, not that I need to really, now you’ve confirmed. 

PIA, means, data collection, logging it with the Lab etc😖

Let me know if you get any feedback? 

I’ll do the same. 

Thank you🙏

@FLOOD  Exactly this is my problem. UAC pop up everytime i try to add something to trusted in firewall or use  KTS, Manage Applications, Clean up.

Please send me the number of your incident. Thank you.

Hello  @Mikhail Shakhov,

A simple Manage Applications, Clean Up, requiring “permission” seems like overkill🤔 .

There are no configurable choices when Clean Up is selected, for example, after selecting Clean Up, there is no followup screen showing, “ found  x apps, tick which ones should be “cleaned up.” 

Cleanup process is fully automated… 

Kaspersky Lab employee has replicated the issue on his system, I’ve replicated on 3 systems with different Kaspersky Home AV v20 solutions, KIS, KTS & KSecurity Cloud, & as @Sib3riX has advised, for him: KIS20, is it really necessary for all of us to be raising tickets? 

Thank you.

Hello,

I`ve reproduced the “problem” with patch G and it reproduces with patch F as well. I think it by design and the “Clean up” button just was protected by our developers using Secure Desktop(it is not UAC).

I do not see the big problem here. You can create the request to support in order to get the confirmation from developers about this feature.

Thank you.

Hello  @Mikhail Shakhov ,

Why is it necessary for a simple function like “Clean up” to have require a UAC permission?

Clean up has no configurable options. 

& why is it necessary for us to seek confirmation from the developers for an unnecessary change made by Kaspersky? 

Thank you. 

1. This windows names “Secure Desktop”. It is not UAC. I can suppose, that it uses to make sure the customer makes these actions but not malware, for example.
  2. It is not necessary.