[3820261]Firewall apps rules: impossible to add new app to a subgroup (existing or new) [Plan publish fix in 2020 patch G Dec. 9] [Closed]

momo
Go to solution Solved by Mikhail Shakhov,

Win 10pro/64-1909; after installing NIS, I added to the firewall some apps new rules and everything was ok, the firewall allowing to make changes without any special user confirmation; I also added new trustworthy subgroups and related apps to be ruled, this operation also led without any problem. From yesterday  I found that something has changed, when I try to apply a new rule to an app a pop up ask me for “user confirmation……….”; also, and this is really strange and worrying, the insertion of a new app  is not allowed (NIS firewall opens the window to make the app (.exe) choice, but then nothing is added to the subgroup). What has happened? I don’t think it’s virus related, after making a deep scan nothing suspect was found

Please help

Hello @momo,

Welcome!

• KIS version? & patch(x)? patch = letter
  • In KIS Reports, are there any relevant errors? If “yes”, export the Report and attach to your reply please? 

Without any data, it’s impossible to answer “ What has happened?”

1. (My recommendation), reset KIS to default, shutdown device using Full shutdown, not Restart, recheck?
  2. If the issue persists, uninstall KIS,  shutdown device using Full shutdown, not Restart.
  3. Start device, login, dowload and install new KIS exe, shutdown device using Full shutdown, not Restart.
  4. Start device, login, start KIS, configure rules, recheck?
  5. If the problem persists and KIS is licensed, contact Kaspersky Lab Technical Support and ask them to help?

If KIS is unlicensed and the issue persists after 1 to 4, post back with GSI & Windows Logs, and images of the issue please? 

Thank you. 

I already uninstalled and reinstalled KIS; it worked correctly for some time, and then, don’t know why (maybe some app, I have many portable) , it starts to behave with the above issue. KIS is licensed and I already contacted the Tech Support, but they didn’t find any suggestion, at least till now; this is the reason why I annex anyway GSI & windows log, hoping in your help.

I annex a pict. of the pop up window asking for user confirmation and one of the “add app to the subgroup”, that opens the choice windows but didn’t charge it inside firewall

Thanks

Hello @momo,

Thank you for replying, the information and the Report. 

I’ll look at it.

One thing please; KIS patch letter, please confirm it for me?

Thank you.

Sorry for my ignorance, what is KIS patch letter? It should be E (I reinstalled kis 01/11 and always upated it) but I dont’know where to find its confirmation

Edit….found, I confirm it is E

Hello @momo,

Thank you for replying, the patch and the images.

1. The Kaspersky “Attention, User Confirmation” popup is normal, so, are you saying, you’ve only recently started seeing AUC?
  2. I appreciate you have uninstalled/reinstalled KIS, however, I’d like you to follow the steps I’ve provided please? 
  3. For “one of the “add app to the subgroup”, that opens the choice windows but didn’t charge it inside firewall”, can you make a video of the issue for us please?

(I use CamStudio, is safe, easy to use & free, select: Region: Full Screen), or use any video software you’re comfortable with. 

• When did you log the issue with the Lab? 

Thank you. 

1. Yes
  2. Yes, I’ll try, even if, as I told you, after reinstall, everything was working fine, no issues at all and no AUC
  3. Annexed (zip fro 7zip app) As you can see selecting the app Backupper.exe nothing is added inside AOMEI group. This worked after installation

I’m thinking to go back to 2019 vers. Do you have an offline link?

Sorry what do you mean with “ When did you log the issue with the Lab “

Hello @momo,

Thank you for posting again. 

I fully appreciate you’ve uninstalled/reinstalled.

• I’d like you to follow steps 1 thru to 4, then monitor the issue. 

If it repeats, I’d like to know please?

• When did you log the issue with the Lab? 
  • If you’d like to revert to 2019, please contact the Lab. 

Thank you

When did you log the issue with the Lab: do you mean when I contacted tech support?; first time last friday (1st november). But after reinstall everything was fine, as I told you, and they stopped supporting me. Today I sent them another request, but I don’t know my issue is still active (Italy).

About reinstall procedure, as I told you, I’ll try what you suggest, even if, after reinstall, everything was working fine, no issues at all and no AUC

Hello  @momo,

The Lab, don’t close problems unless they are told an issue is fixed, or, a Kaspersky Customer does not respond after a week, at that point they send an advisory to alert the Customer the case will be resolved within 5 days. 

If you’ve re-escalated the issue today, the Lab will work with you again.  

And again, I’m very clear that, after uninstall/reinstall the issue was resolved. I’m also very clear the issue returned.

(imo), given you’ve re-escalated the issue today, it would be best if you gave the Lab an opportunity to work with you in resolving all issues. 

Thank you. 

Hello @momo,

(imo), given you’ve re-escalated the issue today, it would be best if you gave the Lab an opportunity to work with you in resolving all issues. 

Thank you. 

Hope you are right, they didn’t seem to be well skilled about this problem solving….anyway, thanks a lot for your time

BTW, strange nobody has same issue

Hello @momo,

You’re welcome!

When you work (again) with the Lab, give them videos & images and an opportunity to help solve the issue. 

Others (in the Community) may have had a similar issue, if they see your post, I’m sure they’ll reply to you, however, keep in mind, not all problems that “appear”  the same, have the same root cause.

You’ve identified a number of issues, a proper analysis and trouble shooting procedures need to be done and that can take time.

Best regards. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot, I see your reply only now, some problems in my mail account didn’t show me your post.

Happy to see that i’m not the only one in the world with this issue.

Waiting for a fix, please advise if you can.

In the meantime I moved back to KIS 2019, and it’s working flawlessly!

22 days from my first reporting and still no patch available to solve the issue. I solved it (in a really rough way, but working) going back to previous version 2019. Today with no forewarning and choice option, Kaspersky updated KIS to 2020 version, as I told with no solution for the bug, bringing me back again to the the hateful issue.

I’m really disappointed and angry, this means that KIS has worked incorrectly for a twelfth of the time I bought for it, or better, without an option I need and that I payed for.

And still without any timing to solve the issue

I have 7 PCs with KIS installed, I was really happy to pay 3 new licenses (each for 3 PCs) when I decided to move them all from Norton, even if their license time wasn’t expired.

Now I am very regretful, evidently there are similarities between antivirus producers, a superficial approach to problems solving.

Let’s try another……….

Hello   @momo,

Patch f has just been released: KIS Release notes, Patches A – F for version 20.0.14.1085

@Mikhail Shakhov’s advice says “The bug will be fixed in patch G, which will be published on servers after the 29th of November 2019.

Distribution of patches is always staggered, and, the Developers do advise, the schedule may change. 

Vulnerability Report: List of Advisories, issued on 25th November, 2019

Best regards

Hello   @momo,

Patch f has just been released: KIS Release notes, Patches A – F for version 20.0.14.1085

@Mikhail Shakhov’s advice says “The bug will be fixed in patch G, which will be published on servers after the 29th of November 2019.

Distribution of patches is always staggered, and, the Developers do advise, the schedule may change. 

Vulnerability Report: List of Advisories, issued on 25th November, 2019

Best regards

Hi Flood, let me say that this is really funny 😅 : I don’t know where these guys have worked till now, anyone who has worked in serious companies knows that deadlines are programmed and announced "within" and not after a date.

Perhaps we will have a solution by the end of 2020? Just in time to change to 2021 version?

I see that Patch “G”  for KAVKISKTSKFA 2020 / KS 3.0 / VPN 4.0 / KSOS 7.0 is available for testing in the Beta Section. Let’s wait for more release details from @Mikhail Shakhov 

Great…...come on guys, maybe with many other hidden ones, but this bug was absent in 2019 version, that worked flawlessly inside Win 10pro/64 1909.