Webcam/microphone remain blocked after unblocking

Windows 10 Pro 22H2/Kaspersky Plus

Background: After my last renewal on 22-Feb, my Kaspersky Internet Security subscription was automatically replaced with Kaspersky Plus.  The changeover didn't go smoothly, so I uninstalled and re-installed Kaspersky Plus from My Kaspersky.

With Kaspersky Internet Security, I could enable/disable the webcam and microphone at will; my practice was to disable them except when I used Facebook Messenger within Chrome for video calls.  Enabling and disabling worked smoothly, without having to restart Chrome.

Now, with Kaspersky Plus, I find that enabling the webcam/microphone after disabling it does not work at all.  In fact, the only way I have found so far to get them working again is to uninstall Kaspersky Plus - which, obviously, I shouldn't have to do.

I'd much appreciate a remedy for this problem.

@paolo-56

Also and in addition to @SystemInfo 

Please see  Webcam and Mic Control

Spoiler

webcam.thumb.jpg.d4022be51b401e4d638dc964fc2f402a.jpg

→ Go to Privacy → Webcam and Mic Control settings → ⚙️ → Intrusion prevention
→ In the list, select the application for which you want to allow/deny webcam access.
→ Right-click  application name → select “Details and rules” to open  “Application rules” window
→ Select "Rights" →  Suspicious modifications in the operating system →  Access webcam
→ Action  →  ? Allow / Ask user / Deny ? → Save

• Like 2

I'm sorry I don't speak Portuguese, but Google Translate gave me a good enough translation to speculate that this reply was automatically generated and simply gives instructions for using the webcam/microphone settings in Kaspersky Plus. Well, I know how to use those settings - the problem is that they aren't working. So I'm afraid that answer doesn't help.

Thank you Berny.  I find that 'Access webcam (limited compatibility)' and 'Access sound recording devices' are both greyed out, so I can't change the setting as advised.

Note: I never had to do this with Kaspersky Internet Security; as I previously mentioned, all I had to do was unblock the webcam and microphone for the duration of my video calls.

Note: This problem has been present for over a month. The only way I have found to fix it is to uninstall Kaspersky Plus, and re-install after my call.  I have done this twice.

Re-testing yesterday (7-Apr-24), I found that the problem has cleared and disabling/enabling the webcam works as expected.  Maybe Kaspersky has fixed the product - if so, many thanks to whoever did it!

• 2 weeks later...