Run Update option removed from Kaspersky context menu in taskbar

Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

Hello!

On the older releases of Kaspersky Total Security, if you were to right click on the ‘shield’ icon down in the taskbar, there was a option to ‘Run Update’ or wording close to that. Clicking on that option within the context menu brought you directly to the Database Update page and started to download the latest databases. I used this feature a lot but this has since been removed as of updating to Kaspersky Total Security version 21.2.16.590 (b)

Was this removal intentional or could it be reativated/reinstated? I liked the quick and easy access to the Database Update page.

The context menu with Kaspersky Total Security 21.2.16.590 (b)
The context menu with a older version of Kaspersky Total Security, prior to release version 21.2.16.590 (b)
This image is not mine, I found this one online using Google as I did not have any screenshots of the context menu prior to the changes.

Hello Schulte, thank you for the reply!

I just tried that now and it works perfectly, thank you! I can definitely get used to that but I do still miss the old placement of it. Maybe one day it’ll return but for now that is a great alternative. It just makes it easier and quicker to update although I do wonder why it was removed…

It works fine on Win10 but I do miss Win7. I’m sure it’ll work fine on there too.

Thanks again, its been a huge help to me!

Hello @thisismyname & @Schulte

Also, in topic raised by @MikeSamurai  Bring back tray icon options,  @Igor Kurzin, has advised “There is already a registered suggestion (4561936) 

There’s also other similar topics, it appears as tho some of the context menu options will be resurrected, at a future date. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello Schulte, thank you for the reply!

I just tried that now and it works perfectly, thank you! I can definitely get used to that but I do still miss the old placement of it. Maybe one day it’ll return but for now that is a great alternative. It just makes it easier and quicker to update although I do wonder why it was removed…

It works fine on Win10 but I do miss Win7. I’m sure it’ll work fine on there too.

Thanks again, its been a huge help to me!

The fix Schulte suggested works in windows 7 i can confirm it. Very nice!😎