No Kaspersky in my Hidden Icons

colleen Low

i don't have an Kaspersky icon in my hidden icons and don't know if i have coverage on my computer. I keep geting pop up to upgrade VPN but my priority is my anti virus. I paid my annual premium 28/8/23 i noticed my password manager had expired that. I updated that and all good with passwords. Please advise

kaspersky.thumbOK.jpg.fce0ab9c324e2d445f1472dbbad5d9a7.jpg

Edited by Berny

• 2 weeks later...

If you are experiencing issues with your Kaspersky antivirus software and are unable to find the Kaspersky icon in your hidden icons, here are some steps you can follow to check and ensure that your antivirus is functioning properly:

1. **Check the System Tray:**
   - Look for the Kaspersky icon in the system tray, which is usually located at the bottom-right corner of your desktop. It may be hidden in the overflow section of the tray, so you may need to click the up arrow to see all icons.

2. **Task Manager:**
   - Open the Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting "Task Manager" or by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
   - Look for any Kaspersky processes in the "Processes" or "Details" tab. If you find them, it indicates that Kaspersky is running.

3. **Check for Notifications:**
   - Kaspersky often provides notifications regarding the status of your antivirus protection. Look for any notifications that might indicate issues or the current status of your antivirus.

4. **Kaspersky Interface:**
   - Open the Kaspersky antivirus interface. You can usually do this by double-clicking on the Kaspersky icon on your desktop or searching for "Kaspersky" in the Start menu.

5. **Verify Subscription:**
   - Within the Kaspersky interface, check for the status of your subscription. Make sure that your premium subscription is active and has not expired.

6. **Update Kaspersky:**
   - Ensure that your Kaspersky antivirus is up-to-date. Check for updates within the Kaspersky interface and install any available updates.

Regarding the pop-up messages about upgrading the VPN, you can prioritize your antivirus by focusing on resolving the Kaspersky issues first. Once you have verified that your antivirus is working correctly, you can then address any other software or services.

Remember to keep your operating system and all software, including antivirus, up-to-date to ensure the best security for your computer.