Kaspersky KIS blocking jDownloader and Onedrive

Go to solution Solved by v4rg,

Hi,

I am a long-time KIS-user and am quite happy with Kaspersky. About one week ago KIS started blocking jDownloader. I checked all firewall- and program rules and FW-monitoring but couldnt find the process at all. I also reset all setting of KIS. Only when I quit KIS completly jDownloader can access the internet (updates, downloads, check logins of rpgator). Any idea what to do?

Best regards,
v4rg

13 hours ago, v4rg said:

you mean logfiles? How do I collect these in KIS?

1. What kind of logs do you need? Firewall`?

Hello @v4rg

1. Kaspersky *Reports* read: Reports window How to view the application operation report & Blocked Websites and Downloads Report -> hide any personal information / unnecessary information: date (for example) - before posting - > the Reports window columns can be filtered to assist with this: image.thumb.jpeg.609ae8b3243a4010e09f443dc356d746.jpeg

*Also, please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin:

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, right click the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?
  9. IF the issue persists, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added Igor Kurzin's instructions
  • Thanks 1

• Solution

Hello,

the solution provided by Igor Kurzin helped. I deleted those logs, did reactivate self-defense and also did a shutdown and jDownloader and Onedrive are working like a charm again, thanks for your help.

Best regards,
v4rg

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

Update:

The solution fixed the issue with OneDrive, but not Google Drive for some reason. I mean, I cannot even log my Gmail account on the Google Drive app (PC), although I could access the same account just fine on the web browser.

Edited by dothackjhe
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dothackjhe said:

Update:

The solution fixed the issue with OneDrive, but not Google Drive for some reason. I mean, I cannot even log my Gmail account on the Google Drive app (PC), although I could access the same account just fine on the web browser.

Hello @dothackjhe

Welcome!

• Reinstall / refresh the Google Drive app on the PC, if that doesn't work & if you're using KIS, upgrade (free) to Kaspersky Standard, see: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T. , recheck the issue? 
  • Note, if you're using one of the *other* older Kaspersky home software, select the *new* software for the free upgrade - that matches. 

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @dothackjhe

Welcome!

• Reinstall / refresh the Google Drive app on the PC, if that doesn't work & if you're using KIS, upgrade (free) to Kaspersky Standard, see: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T. , recheck the issue? 
  • Note, if you're using one of the *other* older Kaspersky home software, select the *new* software for the free upgrade - that matches. 

Please share the outcome, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I got Google Drive to work by reinstalling it. Thank you!

• Thanks 1