Kaspersky Free expiration dates don't match to the dates on the My Kaspersky account

ThinkPadUser

Hi, I've logged into My Kaspersky account and for some reason the expiration dates for all my PCs are the same, even though they were activated months apart. According to the My Kaspersky licensing panel, all my PCs are up for renewal on 2019-07-28 (YYYY-MM-DD) but when checking the AV's expiration dates locally I can see several expiration dates: 2019-07-28 2019-10-05 2019-08-07 2020-03-05 2020-01-29 2019-07-28 2020-02-22 Which expiration dates do I trust and does anyone else have this problem and what are the steps to resolving it?

I already have, ID INC000010438197 "Dear customer, Thank you very much for your e-mail. I received the requested information from the license window and you are right the expiration date differs between the devices and the Kaspersky account. I assume there is a glitch between the remaining days of the application and through the Kaspersky account. As far as concern the support I can offer you for the Kaspersky free there is no issue since no matter when the licenses will expire, you will have the option to re-activate them. If you would like to check why there is such inconsistency between the Kaspersky account and the installed applications feel free to make a post within the community to discuss this behavior. If you need any further assistance please let me know. Thank you. If the suggested solution did not help or you need more information, you can simply reply to this e-mail leaving the subject line unchanged. If you have no further questions and the issue is in fact resolved, then you can simply ignore this message, and we will close this request for you within 5 days. Best regards, Kaspersky Lab Technical Support " This was their response

Hello ThinkPadUser, Does this apply in your case: https://help.kaspersky.com/KFA/2019/en-US/70647.htm The right to use the application on one or several devices The number of devices on which you may use the application is specified in the End User License Agreement. Just wondering if there's information in "your" EULA that may explain this mystery? I don't use KFA, & don't have room for 7 devices, so can't test. It's a most peculiar problem. Curious?

Hello ThinkPadUser, Does this apply in your case: https://help.kaspersky.com/KFA/2019/en-US/70647.htm The right to use the application on one or several devices The number of devices on which you may use the application is specified in the End User License Agreement. Just wondering if there's information in "your" EULA that may explain this mystery? I don't use KFA, & don't have room for 7 devices, so can't test. It's a most peculiar problem. Curious?
I mean you could test it in multiple VMs But a quick search through the EULA, I can't find any mention of devices or PCs (using the find function in Notepad) This is the EULA from the KFA (EU Version), if you find anything related to device limits let me know. https://pastebin.com/96jZ6nsv It's on a Pastebin link because of the forum character limit

• 2 weeks later...
Just as an experiment, I've added another device onto My Kaspersky just to see if the My Kaspersky system will add a separate licensing panel for that device or not and to the surprise to no one, that licensing information got merged into the existing licensing information

Hello ThinkPadUser, Yep, I was thinking that a EULA would be generic, not a seperate EULA for each Kasppersky Customer, that'd be too weird, so, the doco, is confusing, at best: "The right to use the application on one or several devices. The number of devices on which you may use the application is specified in the End User License Agreement". Put that down to "? doco ?", moving on from that, your very helpful screen images show the # of devices limit?

Hello ThinkPadUser, Yep, I was thinking that a EULA would be generic, not a seperate EULA for each Kasppersky Customer, that'd be too weird so the doco, is confusing, at best:"The right to use the application on one or several devices. The number of devices on which you may use the application is specified in the End User License Agreement". So, put that down to "? doco ?", moving on from that, your very helpful screen images show the # of devices ?
The summary says 8 devices (and it increases with each added device) but for components on the same screen it's only 1? ಠ_ಠ I've made an Excel Spreadsheet with all the expiration dates from the local devices, let's see which one is right.

Hello ThinkPadUser, Thanks for the info. I agree, it's a mystery?. I'm not familiar with these" ಠ_ಠ "little guys? I looked ಠ_ಠ up = look_of_disapproval, if that's what they mean, I concur. For clarity & if it's not too much trouble please, is it posible to post the info you've collated in the spreadsheet or (if the formatting would go weird) an image of the info in the speadsheet please? Please keep us posted as the dates roll by? And, I know accessing TS is not the go with "free" Kaspersky software, however, I'm wondering if the "licensing"arm of Kaspersky would maybe provide any info? Best regards!

Hello ThinkPadUser, Thanks for the info. I agree, it's a mystery?. I'm not familiar with these" ಠ_ಠ "little guys? I looked ಠ_ಠ up = look_of_disapproval, if that's what they mean, I concur. For clarity & if it's not too much trouble please, is it posible to post the info you've collated in the spreadsheet or (if the formatting would go weird) an image of the info in the speadsheet please? Please keep us posted as the dates roll by? And, I know accessing TS is not the go with "free" Kaspersky software, however, I'm wondering if the "licensing"arm of Kaspersky would maybe provide any info? Best regards!
Yeah, that's my meaning behind the ಠ_ಠ, because I'm running the 1903 update of Windows 10, I can insert these guys by pressing Win+. I've created a new spreadsheet with the personal details removed: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AiG2Z4OSgZAE8kEzcI7cuuJ9Jqb8 I've used conditional formatting to highlight PCs which are within 60 days of renewal I've tried contacting Kaspersky Support before, they've just referred me back here.

I've tried contacting Kaspersky Support before, they've just referred me back here.
Hi ThinkPadUser, Thanks for the data. I know KS referred you back, I though the Licensing arm of the business may assist - they're not TS. Free = no TS, but licensing issues? I would have though Kaspersky would be willing to try to assist... ??

I've tried contacting Kaspersky Support before, they've just referred me back here.
Hi ThinkPadUser, Thanks for the data. I know KS referred you back, I though the Licensing arm of the business may assist - they're not TS. Free = no TS, but licensing issues? I would have though Kaspersky would be willing to try to assist... ??
Tried to contact them again and said it was a licensing issue... Still no dice Though he did say trust the My Kaspersky date and not the local one? ㄟ( ▔, ▔ )ㄏ As they "came from the same key" but the last time I checked, all KFA uses the same key for all devices (I have some VMs that weren't connected to My Kaspersky to check and yes they had the identical key as the ones that were connected) (︶^︶) (Side note I've found that KFA 2019 still works with Windows XP SP3 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to minimum OS requirements being Windows 7)

KFA installed on Windows XP SP3: KFA installed on Windows Vista SP2 (Installed Server 2008 updates after Vista EOL): Both KFA in the VMs aren't connected to My Kaspersky, in fact the Vista VM is reminding me to sign up to MyKasperky. I've put the KFA Technical Support information from the Host OS (Windows 10) which is connected to My Kaspersky for comparison. To get them to install on Windows XP SP3 and Vista SP2, I just ran the installer from Kaspersky's website, I didn't have to modify the installer. On XP, it will ask you to install .NET 4 (if you don't have it installed already), the KFA installer will download and install the .NET 4 framework for you if you don't have it installed. Here's the support information form Windows 7 (an officially supported OS by both MS and KFA):

FLOOD I think I've found a device limit per say.... According to this KB[1]: "The following restrictions on the number of connections to a My Kaspersky account are applied:
  1. The maximum number of devices connected to an account is 500.
  2. The maximum number of licenses connected to an account (if applicable) is 100.
  3. The maximum number of child profiles connected to an account (if applicable) is 100.
  4. The maximum number of family accounts connected to the subscription owner's account (even if multiple licenses purchased) is 50.
" [1] https://help.kaspersky.com/KPC/1.0/en-US/146934.htm

FLOOD I think I've found a device limit . [1]https://help.kaspersky.com/KPC/1.0/en-US/146934.htm
Excellent work ThinkPadUser:clap_tone3: Doesn't solve your mystery tho:thinking:
Thanks and yeah that doesn't solve my problem, I wish I could pay a small fee to get tech support from Kaspersky on free products instead of getting nothing. I would pay that small fee to get them to have a look at it if they offered it. Also I'm kind of surprised that the device limit is set to 500... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe Kaspersky is (quietly) encouraging some smaller companies to use Kaspersky Free or something...

• 1 month later...
Update: I've just renewed one of the licenses on one of my KFA protected devices and on the My Kaspersky Dashboard it looks like it has renewed all of them but when I click on components, it still shows that it's only covering one device. So renewing it doesn't change anything. I'll update you guys if anything changes