Kaspersky AV causing Chrome update errors.

Tonto

For the second time now, I've found Kaspersky AV causing Google Chrome update errors. Windows 7 32bit (yeah old system). The Chrome error is 112 which according to googles 'fix' is a out of space error, which certainly isn't my issue. So wondering if Kaspersky is somehow restricting writes and makes chrome think my HD is full (regular HDs, no SSDs). Pausing Kapsersky protection has NO effect, error still happens. (still causing restrictions even while paused??) Uninstalling Kaspersky and doing a reboot allows Chrome to update properly. Then reinstalled Kaspersky AV and everything is fine. This is the second time I've had to go through this procedure. I've looked around and haven't see similar posts, so was wondering if anyone else has see this or has ideas. And putting this out there in case anyone else has similar Chrome issues, as a solution so they don't waste their time. FYI, on the first occurrence before I knew the solution, I also tried a full Chrome uninstall and fresh install, Chrome offline install, Chrome Canary (beta) install, not of which worked.

Welcome. For this issue, I think that notify Tech Support first is a good idea. Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: a. Description of the issue. b. Screenshot, as needed. c. GSI

Funny thing is, when you go to tech support on the top of the page is... "Before sending your question to Technical Support, please try finding an answer on your own in Knowledge Base, My Kaspersky Help, or our Community." If it happens a third time, I'll take screenshots this time.

• 4 weeks later...
An error occurred while checking for updates: The installer failed to uncompress archive. Please download Google Chrome again. (error code 7: 0x80040902: 12). Learn more Version 75.0.3770.90 (Official Build) (32-bit) That's the error, looks like another Kaspersky uninstall and Chrome update. And was going to make a tech support ticket... but can't get in. It prompts for my country, and apparently Canada doesn't exists as it's not on the list. Better things to do with my time than messing around with basic stuff. F Kaspersky. Once the licence is done, looking elsewhere. It's gone downhill FAST.

Hi Tonto, before uninstalling Kaspersky, please try the following: Go to 'Settings->General' and disable the autostart of the product. Then restart the computer. [spoiler]][/spoiler] Install Chrome update. Don't forget to reactivate the autostart afterwards. Reboot EDIT

I had actually uninstalled already before seeing the reply, but being in IT myself was curious. So reinstalled KAV, verified that Chrome still couldn't update (same error). So turned off autostart as suggested. Restarted. No Kaspersky started, no avp.exe process. Chrome STILL fails to update, same error. Just like pausing protection doesn't work. Kaspersky hooks run deep it seems. Uninstalled Kaspersky. Rebooted. Chrome updates fine.

"...was going to make a tech support ticket... but can't get in. It prompts for my country, and apparently Canada doesn't exists as it's not on the list."
Hello Tonto, I've read your post (my contribution is small & only related to " was going to make a tech support ticket... can't get in. It prompts for my country, and apparently Canada doesn't exists as it's not on the list" From that I (think) you already have a MyKaspersky account, based on that, I created a dummy account to try & replicate the "prompts for country" at the language selection - there certainly is no Canada, however, in the "Select your country and language" popup, I selected "Other Countries - English" Just to make sure there were no more "Country" selection parameters, I created a dummy ticket, based on the info you've posted: https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new & low & behold, I was presented with another, different, "Please select your Country", this time, there's no Canada, no [Other Countries-English] & the language list is not alphabetically sorted ? ?I feel your pain.
  1. I've logged an incident , to address this issue. It's not acceptable that Kaspersky Customers have the turn the world upside in their efforts to access support.
I'll update you with any progress. Best regards.

• 3 months later...

I dont know if anyone can enter these posts but after kaspersky auto re-newal a chrome update came through and tv streaming service hasnt work right since

If that’s with Chromecast and Chrome, I’d put that down more to Chrome.  My whole family has it due to one giving them out as gifts, and they are a piece of crap.  I (being the tech guy) installed them for everyone, and they worked differently in each case.  Highly dependent on the modem setup and configuration, not the plug and play as advertised, and online help is just an idiot linking a standard ‘follow these trouble shooting steps’ with no technical response to questions. And if google broke it with an update, wouldn’t surprise me.

Kind of reminds me of another company…  Pretty much par for the course nowadays. 

I dont know if anyone can enter these posts but after kaspersky auto re-newal a chrome update came through and tv streaming service hasnt work right since

Hello @Woody,

Welcome!

I’m not sure if your “reply” here is a duplicate of your pause anti-virus post or if the issue here is completely separate. 

If the issues are different, please let me know (so we can help)?

Thank you.