I am unable to use my Windows 10 Network Speed Test.

J M W

Since installing my Kaspersky, I am unable to use my Windows 10 Network Speed Test checker. It only works when I totally disable my Kaspersky Total Security. Can anyone please help/advise?
Hello J M W, Welcome!
  1. Please start Windows in SafeMode (with Networking).
  2. Make sure KTS is active.
  3. Rerun the test.
  4. Let us know the outcome.
Also please tell us:
  1. Windows Opsys: (a) full name? (b) version? (c) build? (d) release?
  2. KTS: (a) free? or licensed?, (b) version? (c) patch(x)? x=letter
  3. Network Speed Test: (a) version? (b) is it an installed app?
  4. Any errors/images/alerts - demonstrating, Network Speed Test failure?
Thanks:pray_tone3: Note: Kaspersky free software has (config) limitations, advertising & no Technical Support. If we know this, we ensure we never waste your time, advising you, for example: "contact Technical Support".

Thanks 'FLOOD'. I don't wish to start my PC in safe mode, I just wish to temporarily disable the setting options in KTS which stops my Network Speed Checker from running. In answer to your "Also please tell us:" questions, here are the answers:-
  1. I have the latest Windows 10 Pro version with their latest update (10.0.18362) & build is 160101.0800.
  2. KTS is a 30 day trial
  3. Network Speed Test is the app that is installed by default with Windows 10 Pro.
  4. "Service is unavailable" alert. Please see .jpg.
As stated previously, I can run NST when I totally disable KTS.

Hello J M W, Thank you for replying. The reason we ask to test in safemode, is to help determine the root cause, allowing us to provide a solution. Same as why we ask for any reports that may shed light on what is causing Network Speed Checker app, on your PC, to not run, when KTS is active. --- I've tested: on 2 W10 pcs, KTS active, Network Speed Checker app installed. NSC runs without any issues. ---
  1. Before KTS was installed, were compatibility requirements checked?:
Hardware and software requirements --- To assist us, assist you, please shutdown PC, (these steps will initiate a full shutdown), using the following steps: (1) Open Start menu > select Power button. (2) Press and hold the Shift key on keyboard, while clicking on Shut down, then release the Shift key. --- (3) When the PC is completely OFF, press the power key to start the device. (4) Login. (5) Start KTS, make sure KTS is running, active. (6) Enable traces (7) Replicate the Network SpeedChecker "Service is unavailable" issue. (8) ** Turn Traces OFF** (9) Save trace files to desktop, as .zip, upload, in your reply, using the "upload" icon, or upload to cloud & pm the link. (10) Detailed reports - select ALL EVENTS, 24hr period, export the report, save to desktop, as a text file, upload, in your reply, using the "upload" icon, or upload to cloud & pm the link. Thank you.

• 9 months later...