Bug, Reproducible - "Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages" freezes firefox for 10 seconds

DenB

Hello, when I do a google search with "Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages" setting enabled, after I hit the "enter" button, the Firefox UI freezes for about 10 seconds. When I disable this setting the firefox works normal. Full sysinfo of the PC can be found here.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install FF 117.0 x64 and Kaspersky Free 21.14.5.462 on Win 10
  2. Create new FF profile, open google.com, write anything to search box, press enter key

Screen cast with problem - "Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages" setting  enabled:

firefox_HWcS3O5PAS.thumb.gif.c85726c400b54ee41c7177598a022a32.gif

Screen cast without problem - "Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages" setting  disabled:

firefox_SYW2czhZHZ.thumb.gif.cc44cf7d5557c4fbd0d78ecaa91db590.gif

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I recently upgraded from paid Kaspersky Internet Security to paid Kaspersky Plus due to Internet Security no longer being available. I didn't have any issues with Internet Security, but have this slow Google search in Firefox issue with Kaspersky Plus. I've been a paying Kaspersky customer for over a decade and initially moved to Kasperksy due to software bloat with my previous security software, so this is a red flag that tells me it might be time to start moving away from Kaspersky.

As a paying customer, would it speed up resolution if I report the bug?

Hello,

I suppose, this is the Bug 6875186: [Firefox]Slow search from Google main page in Firefox 

Please try to install our beta extension in Firefox and check the problem:

https://betaproducts.s.kaspersky-labs.com/firefox_extensions/kis_addon_2021.xpi

The current Kaspersky Protection extension should be uninstalled, and the new one installed from the downloaded xpi file.

It has already helped to few our customers with the same issue. 

Inform me about results. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 11:32 PM, harlan4096 said:

My main browser is FF, and use it with Kaspersky Premium 21.4 every day...

Do You have Anti-Banner and/or Private Browsing modules enabled?

I was using Anti-Banner, Private Browsing, and Safe Money (enabled but rarely actively used). Disabling these modules made no difference. Exiting Kaspersky made the issue go away, then the issue stayed away for the 10 minutes I was at my computer after restarting Kaspersky and re-enabling these modules. By the next time I used my computer, the issue had returned.

At this point, I have disabled this "Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages" setting and all three modules. The info bubble for this setting says that it needs to be enabled for these modules to work correctly, so I have not attempted to re-enable these modules.

On 10/15/2023 at 3:28 AM, Mikhail Shakhov said:

Hello,

I suppose, this is the Bug 6875186: [Firefox]Slow search from Google main page in Firefox 

Please try to install our beta extension in Firefox and check the problem:

https://betaproducts.s.kaspersky-labs.com/firefox_extensions/kis_addon_2021.xpi

The current Kaspersky Protection extension should be uninstalled, and the new one installed from the downloaded xpi file.

It has already helped to few our customers with the same issue. 

Inform me about results. 

Thank you. 

Hi,

I wasn't using the Firefox Protection Extension in Kaspersky, but I will uninstall it, install this beta extension, re-enable the Anti-Banner, Private Browsing, and Safe Money modules for a couple of days and report back.