CSP blocking access to Pinterest?

Go to solution Solved by harlan4096,

Hi all,

For the last few months I've been unable to access Pinterest via Firefox (or Edge) as it shows a blank white screen and refuses to connect, and upon looking at Inspect Element in both  browsers I see the attached error message pop up 99+ times.

I don't know anything about computers or coding etc, but it sounds like this CSP is what's blocking my access to Pinterest? So far I haven't encountered this issue on any other sites, and although I have the Kaspersky Protection add-on/extension in both Firefox and Edge, disabling it then reloading Pinterest doesn't resolve my issue. I don't know what to turn off in my KIS application itself to resolve this, either.

I don't think I can amend this CSP myself if it's an integral part of Kaspersky, right? I used to be able to access Pinterest fine with Kaspersky, but I haven't been able to for months now. Is it possible I need to downgrade or go back to an older installation of Kaspersky?

For reference, I'm on Windows 11 (version 23H2), and my Kaspersky application is Kaspersky Internet Security (version 21.3.10.391 (I)).

Thanks,

Liz

image.thumb.png.e360ed39062e9779cf86a4a2486acf8a.png

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 10:20 AM, harlan4096 said:

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

First step, try to migrate Your KIS to the new product line, if already available in Your country region:

Download: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

Your KIS license will activate the current Kaspersky Standard 21.16 (soon 21.17, still in RC status).

Okay, I did this and have now upgraded to Kaspersky Standard.

Good news--Pinterest appears to be working again. However, updating to Kaspersky Standard has broken Firefox entirely--as far as the browser is concerned, I'm not even connected to the internet, and I keep seeing an error message that reads "SEC_ERROR_BAD_SIGNATURE". I'm having to type this from Edge because Firefox is now unusable.

How can I get Firefox working again? I presume I have to exempt it from some setting or turn something off, so any advice there would be appreciated.

EDIT: Booted up Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode, turned Troubleshoot Mode off again, and it seems to be working fine. I'm assuming it was some kind of tantrum over the Kaspersky browser add-on in conjunction with me upgrading to Kaspersky Standard. Issue is now resolved, including the Pinterest issue--many thanks!

Edited by FishbonesJinx
issue resolved
  • Like 1