Anti-spam module doesn't work with Thunderbird?

Hello,

Is Thunderbird supported in anti-spam? I remember using KIS maybe 5 or more years ago, and it was working by automatically tagging messages with [SPAM].

But in the last few years, I never saw this feature working.
And at the beginning of this year, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 which I've been using until now, but Anti-Spam still isn't working with Thunderbird.

I'm receiving messages via pop3. And I even tested the feature by putting one of my own addresses in "blocked senders" list, but to no avail.

Guys, thank you for the answers. I do have this feature enabled in TB.

But Kaspersky doesn’t seem to be scanning the emails at all. I even made a test where I blocked one of my emails and it went straight to the inbox without being tagged or blocked by Kaspersky Anti Spam.

As you can see, my inbox is riddled with spam and I would really be happy if I could make Antispam working.

Thunderbird version: 68.10.0 (32-bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security 20.0.14.1085(k)

Here are the settings (the slider is on “recommended”):

I’m using POP3. port 110, STARTTLS, Normal password authentication.

I haven’t made any filters in Thunderbird for sorting the email since my emails aren’t being tagged by Kaspersky in the first place.

@FLOOD 

I enabled “blocked phrases” now and will report back. But this is how the anti-spam module was set up by default (blocked phrases weren't enabled by default).

But this still doesn’t explain how I can send emails to myself from the blocked address and not get a spam classification for that email.

@harlan4096 

This is a custom email solution that runs on a private server. I don’t have the option to use other settings.

Hello @espresso,

• We understand👌 , we’re trying to determine the root cause & ticking of all possibilities.
  1. Is Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components enabled? 
  2. Is it possible to share more information about “custom email solution that runs on a private server” please?
  3. Which was installed 1st, KIS or Thunderbird?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD thanks for the response,

1. Yes. Here are the settings.

Every time I press get messages in Thunderbird, I am presented with the following Kaspersky dialog:

After that, the emails are fetched into Inbox, but not processed by Kaspersky.

I also tried installing Kaspersky certificate into Thunderbird according to the manual

After choosing Mozilla certificate store, the behaviour is the same.

2. There’s not really much info here; it’s a linux box that runs an email server. I’ve been given credentials to connect to it.

1. I cannot be 100% certain but I think Kaspersky was installed first.

Hello @espresso,

Thank you👌

• (ioo) the certificate issue needs to be resolved before the spam issue, therefore, IF you trust pop3* follow How to remove the certificate warning messages by adding the website to the exclusions list, if that does not resolve the certificate issue contact Kaspersky Technical Support, they’ll require a GSI & Windows Logs and they may require a Trace, run when the issue is happening; if after resolving the certificate issue, the spam issue persists, please request the Technical Team assist you with that as well?
  • On the contacts  page, select your location, select Application use, select from available options: ONLINE CHAT (not available all locations), PHONE (not available all locations), SUBMIT A REQUEST - via your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please let us know the outcome of both issues when the information is available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Unfortuntely, exclusions didn't work either.

I understand that the issue seems to go well beyond the assistance one can get on the forum. But I'm thankful for the responses I got from all the participants.
I hope your enthusiasm and willingness to help gets rewarded.

• 2 years later...