Why my connection gets really slow when I use the VPN?

Every time I turn on Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. I can't even surf the internet because it gets slow. I am physically connected to internet, and I always set the option to connect to the fastest servers which normally assigns those servers in my country, but the problem continues. 

Using the VPN

image.png.8cb9fc9ee956cb0f325ce358d4e8ee16.png

Not usign the VPN

image.png.71f4750e15261d9a6b72dfed98eaa267.png

On 10/26/2022 at 5:50 AM, jhonny7 said:

Every time I turn on Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. I can't even surf the internet because it gets slow. I am physically connected to internet, and I always set the option to connect to the fastest servers which normally assigns those servers in my country, but the problem continues. 

Hello @jhonny7

Welcome!

1. IF you select a specific server, (in your country), rather than "fastest servers", is there any difference? 
  2. Please read & follow: Internet connection speed decreases after the installation of a Kaspersky application
  • IF submitting a request to support, fill in the template as follows: Connectivity issuesDownload & Connection speed degradation; Support may request logs, traces & other data -> they will guide you. 
  • When it's available, please chare the outcome, with the Community? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Same here and it hasn't been fixed yet. I sent to support but nothing is changed, they asked me 100 questions to do, but I don't want to do that because I have another VPN and it works perfectly so the problem is not with my device or internet connection but with same app.

• 1 year later...

I get the same issue when connected to the fastest server.  The thing I can't work out though is the NBN speeds on Speedtest are about the same whether I'm turn off the VPN or not.  It's just that web browsing is extremely slow with VPN on. 

I'm using the Opera Browser.  Don't know if that makes any difference though. 

Any ideas will be appreciated.

"When a secure connection is activated, the data transfer speed depends on the load on the servers used for the Internet connection. During peak hours, the speed may be reduced insignificantly. We do our best to ensure that users of the unlimited version of the application can always enjoy the maximum data transfer rate."

It is normal for connection speeds to be reduced when using any VPN.

There are numerous factors that influence the drop in speed: number of people connected to the server, location of the server, the geographic distance of the server in relation to where you are located and several other factors.

Try connecting to the closest server in your region (the closer the location to you, the faster the browsing speed)

Support links:
Edited by Guilhermesene4096

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Teaspoonwally said:

I too have a speed drop when using vpn. It works, but waiting all the time for a reply say 10 or 15 seconds or longer, makes me want to turn it off...and that's what happens ...I turn vpn off.

Hello @Teaspoonwally

Welcome!

1. Has *any* OR *all of the advice in this topic been followed? 
  2. Has a *different* Protocol been tried? 
  3. Has the VPN software been *clean* installed? 
  • IF 'yes' & the issue persists -> log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  -> on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown in the image below; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you:  

image.thumb.png.fe528f5a2510afb4981dadfcf55405f5.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
add: https://www.kaspersky.com/vpn-secure-connection#installation