Why is renewal process so poor/shoddy?

So, I am coming to the end of my years premium subscription, so I bought a renewal early... and to try and avoid the app nagging me (and the other 9 PC's that are on my 10 machine licence) I  added it to my subscriptions in the "my Kaspersky" online app.
It looked like it was going to behave sensibly.. as it said if I had an active sub... it would just hold the new sub and automatically start to use it when the current one runs out... GREAT.
HOWEVER.. 
1. if I go into the app... it does not nag me (yet? I have 21 days to go)... but does have a "renew" button very prominant...which takes me to Kaspersky web site to buy more!!! WHY? if I have a new licence queued... it should just shut up?
2. With my licence I get "kaspersky safe kids"... I dont use it, I dont have kids... but in my subscriptions page... it shows as "active".. which is sort of OK (may be one of the other PC's has it active), HOWEVER, if its used... it should queue up the new sub to run when it expires.... but it does not... it seems to be using the new license as well as the old one (both are counting down days left).. 
So its all a bit CRAP.... Anyone else seeing this? or anyone from Kaspersky who can comment... or may be even get it fixed?
See screen shot of my subs page... 
Shout if what I have said is unclear or if you have questions.
Cheers  

Kaspersky subs.jpg

On 4/7/2024 at 1:32 AM, Yoji said:

1. if I go into the app... it does not nag me (yet? I have 21 days to go)... but does have a "renew" button very prominent...which takes me to Kaspersky web site to buy more!!! WHY? if I have a new license queued... it should just shut up?
2. With my license I get "Kaspersky safe kids"... I don't use it, I don't have kids... but in my subscriptions page... it shows as "active".. which is sort of OK (may be one of the other PC's has it active), HOWEVER, if its used... it should queue up the new sub to run when it expires.... but it does not... it seems to be using the new license as well as the old one (both are counting down days left).. 

Hello @Yoji

Welcome!

1. Because you selected the very prominent renew button. The current installed Kaspersky Premium application does not *know* there's a reserve Premium license - it's not as smart as you🤦🏼‍♂️
  2. (a) KSK Premium comes with KSK. Kaspersky doesn't know you don't have kids. IF you didn't want KSK you should not have purchased KSK. 
    (b) As far as KSK being active on one or more of (your) 10 PCs - no, virtually impossible, it's laborious to install; IF you'd installed it *once* you would never forget it.
    (c) The KSK subscription shows *active* in (your) MyKaspersky account, that's normal for activated subscriptions. 
    (d) What's not normal & we had exactly the same situation with our *reserve* Premium license, is, even tho we also had an active KSK & Premium license, the *new* KSK activated on the purchase date while the *new* Premium slotted into reserve status. 

3. The *fix* is to contact Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - select Email OR Chat, fill in the template as shown below & provide a detailed history & tell them the *new* KSK has activated prematurely - Kaspersky Customer Service will assist if they can.

image.thumb.png.a18018e7c9cbdd854f16c369acd18a1a.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar
  • Like 1

Wow.. are you in the habit of making excuses for poor quality?
Re your point 1...  Yes... it DOES know... from the screen shot I posted... it clearly DOES know there is a reserve license.. 
Its talking to the app on my PC (and all others using my Sub).. so it should behave sensibly. 
Point 2... KSK comes with premium.. so I didnt buy it per se.. it just came as part of package.. 
Point 2b.. I was trying to make excuses for it...but from what you say.. its not active.. so why it showing active? and it just compounds the problem.. not only is it showing active when it should not... its activated on new, when it should go into reserve like the main premium has.. so its a double whammy of crapness.
2c... we just agreed, it should not be active..as it never used.. 
2d... I feel sorry for you.. and again, you just seem to be confirming my point, that the quality of the product is not as good as it should be.  
3. Why should I have to do that? As I dont care about KSK... I am certainly not going to jump through all those hoops to get something I will never use fixed... 
I posted here for other people awareness and if moderated.. someone might pick it up and push for fix

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jez... its getting worse... the nags just keep on coming.
So I now get regular (almost every day) a pop up to nag me to renew.. My Kaspersky icon in the sys tray has gone red... and its now even getting windows security to alert and nag me.. 
WHY? when I have a new subscription already loaded into my account which will (so they tell me) automatically kick in when the old sub expires.... 
SO how am I supposed to renew so I dont get these nags?  even if I do as the nags say and "renew" and pay for renewal... unless I enable the new term immediately (and lose/throw away remaining days on my existing sub.... and I am not doing that, out of principle I am not gifting them sub days just because they cant get their systems to work properly.)... how is it supposed to work?

Nags.jpg

3 hours ago, Berny said:

@Yoji

Is the ' Reserve activation code ' showing up in your profile ? ↓

Reveal hidden contents

k_reserve_code.thumb.jpg.d7de0114929c9c7c38cd0f6779365047.jpg

Thanks... no, it does not show anything queued.. so I added the code that I have added to my subscription on my web account to my machine and my machine  is now happy.
But its all a bit silly... I added it to the web... since I dont want to have to go the the 9 other machines and add it manually to them... and on adding the new code to my web account seemed to say it would work sensibly (holding it in reserve until the old one expired and then auto switching to the new).. so the fact it does not stop the nags on all the machines is very annoying ... and a significant miss/annoyance from Kaspersky..an obvious gap that should be fixed ASAFP.
But thanks for your input/help. I will now go and add to all the other machines 😞
Best regards.

• Like 1