garette
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

34 minutes ago, garette said:
  1. I'm using Kaspersky antivirus free 21.2 EU edition.

How do I get rid of this? its driving me insane.

Hello @garette

Welcome!

1. Please confirm the Kaspersky AV Free version & patch(x), on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

How to find the name and the version number of a Kaspersky application

Hello @garette

Thank you for the information!

• Patch C for Kaspersky Anti-Virus version 21.2.16.590 was released on March 4, 2021 - (ioo), the alerts are due to old software issues that have since been rectified. 
  • Our recommendation is to update to Kaspersky's newest software release: Kaspersky Free for Windows®, follow: How to install or remove the application; note; to activate the new software (version 21.8), it's necessary to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account *once* to activate the software -> please follow all the documentation carefully. 

Any problems or issues, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

39 minutes ago, garette said:

so this one opens the main window every time I start the PC, and I need to press X to minimize to tray. can I disable this? 

Hello @garette

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting & the information!

Not for us it doesn't, we have Kaspersky Plus on Windows 10 - the only time the Kaspersky Plus interface/GUI opens is when we physically open it, by selecting it, from the Windows hidden icons - but K+ is actually active & running in the background, it's seamless - perhaps there's a Windows setting that's the issue - have you checked?

There's an option to Launch Kaspersky at computer startup that can be unchecked, but that's not recommended, as computer protection is disabled and user data may be exposed to threats, until the user manually starts the application. 

image.thumb.gif.d7831798a1b85c40ce95f0311ebb9188.gif

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Solution
11 minutes ago, garette said:

this would be easily solved by adding a "don't remind me" button. its clearly intentional

Kaspersky fix this problem every version @garette, then they have a 'grey moment' & completely forget the previous fix?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

Kaspersky's famous last words on the topic from 2020

qte

It is the bug 4141392. It should be fixed in the next patch.

Endqte. 

And it was fixed in the *next* patch, but then someone completely forgot? about that fix when the new version was rolled out & we're back to square one - so boring Kaspersky. 

This is such a simple problem that should not be happening repeatedly. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

https://forum.kaspersky.com/search/?q=don't remind me&quick=1

SA
  • Like 1