Reconfiguration of KIS 20.0.14.1085 appears in Windows Activity Monitor. [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Good morning everyone.

On my reliability monitor, I noticed that there was an update and reconfiguration of KIS 20.0.14.1085 (as shown in the figure).

I restarted the system and continue in the patch ( i ).

Was it just a drivers update or didn't I update to a possible patch ( j ) ?

• Solution

Hello @JPEKaspersky,

Welcome back!

The Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Action Center\Problem Details provides the additional information, I’ve just checked mine:

Description
Windows Installer installed an update. Product Name: Kaspersky Total Security. Product Version: 20.0.14.1085. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Kaspersky. Update Name: drivers patch. Installation success or error status: 0.

2 events, the same as yours.

Both events have the same information.

Checking Kaspersky Database Update shows 04.03.2020 19.31.04    Update of databases and application modules    Completed    Time: Yesterday, 4/03/2020 7:31 PM, which matches the Reliability Monitor.

Had patch j been applied KIS would show 20.0.14.1085(j).

Note, (imo), it would be “unusual” for Windows to manage Kaspersky patch updates.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 

• 1 month later...

Hello @JPEKaspersky

Just a FYI,  Patch J for Kaspersky Internet Security version 20.0.14.1085 was released on April 6, 2020.

Remember, the distribution is staggered, the patch will arrive “silently”, to apply a patch reboot the computer. 

If, after a patch release, a computer is not rebooted for 7 days, the Kaspersky application will show a notification, as per this advisory:

“To complete the patch installation successfully, computer reboot is required. If you don't reboot the computer in seven days after the application receives the patch, the icon in the notification area will turn red.”

Don’t ask me to explain the “silent patch arrival / 7 day logic”, imo, there is none. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳