protection against bitcoin mining [Closed]

Navjot
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

• Solution

Hello @Navjot,

Additional to @richbuff, nothing is 100% guaranteed. 

• ☢ Bitcoin miners can be introduced to a computer or mobile, in many different ways, for example: you may open a link in an email; go to a safe www, innocently open an unsafe link, embedded in the site, that redirects; innocently install software, that has embedded miners; innocently install a browser extension that has inbuilt redirects☢
  • ➡ What Kaspersky does, is work to protect us as much as possible, however, we must also always proceed carefully on the web and in the digital world

✅ Kaspersky has published some interesting blog posts regarding bitcoin & miners: 

Explainer: Bitcoin mining

Six myths about blockchain and Bitcoin: Debunking the effectiveness of the technology

Snow White, the Seven Cryptominers, and the targeted attacks

Are scammers tired of bitcoin?

Crazy Razy, bitcoin thief

Phishing for cryptocurrencies: How bitcoins are stolen

Kaspersky RESOURCE CENTER, also has valuable information, for example: 

Q1 2014: Mobile Banking Trojans Double, Surge in Bitcoin Wallet Attacks, and Cyber-Espionage Threats Back From the Dead

Other resources are:

Kaspersky Virus Lab, Kaspersky Club, Kaspersky Facebook & Kaspersky Twitter

Thank you🙏

Mining is a very resource-intensive process. It significantly loads the power of the processor and video card, and as a result, the computer starts to slow down.
I had a virus connected with mining, there was a very big load on the processor and Kaspersky constantly reported it, so actually the virus was detected.

//Mod edit: Deleted copy/paste of other persons post. 

Mining is a very resource-intensive process. It significantly loads the power of the processor and video card, and as a result, the computer starts to slow down.
I had a virus connected with mining, there was a very big load on the processor and Kaspersky constantly reported it, so actually the virus was detected.

If you have 12 cores CPU then what slowing down :) only if you go to task manager and see here usage in % :) 

If you have 12 cores CPU then what slowing down 🙂 only if you go to task manager and see here usage in % :) 

I know that miners are faced with the problem of large electricity bills, since mining is very energy-consuming, a computer infected with a virus also consumes many times more energy than without it.
I did not do mining, so I could be wrong.