OpenOffice conflict with KIS Safe Money in new build 21.1.15.500 (c)

borkduck

When I open a protected browser in KIS Safe Money, I lose functionality in Open Office text documents. All menu bars/options grayed out or missing, unable to scroll without messing up the page completely. Anyone else having this problem? Am using latest build of KIS 2021 21.1.15.500 (c)

Thanks,

bd

Hello @borkduck,

Welcome back!

We’re unable to replicate “All menu bars/options grayed out or missing, unable to scroll without messing up the page completely”, unfortunately, because SafeMoney blocks screen prints/screen recording, we’re unable to show “live” results, we’ve taken an image, it’s not the best. 

1. Check KIS reports, to make sure there are no OpenOffice events?
  2. Update to v21.2 - recheck issue? 
  3. Uncheck Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages, restart SafeMoney, recheck issue? 
  4. If it persists clean install OpenOffice - recheck issue? 
  5. If it persists, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Attached find an Open Office text document w/no Safe Money Protected browser opened, and the same text doc opened after opening a Safe Money Protected browser. There are quite a few OO users complaining of the same problem on Apache’s forum.

Thanks for the response, Flood.

bd

Unchecked the network setting ‘inject script into web traffic’ with no change in result.

Can’t find any events for Apache Open Office in the reports, although with this new build it’s a major chore trying to locate a specific event (thanks for the change, KIS).

Already re-installed OO latest version--twice. Still exhibits same problem.

Thanks, Flood,

bd

Can’t find any events for Apache Open Office in the reports, although with this new build it’s a major chore trying to locate a specific event (thanks for the change, KIS).

Hello @borkduck , 

You’re most welcome☺ !

Agreed, on the new Report interface.

1. Do you use the Report Search🔍  function? (ioo) it works ok if the search criteria is kept very simple. 
  2. So, even after updating to KIS21.2 the same problem persists? 
  3. Log it with the Support team, and please tell us what they determine, when they do please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood 🐳 +🐋

Open Office 4.1.7 (latest version, re-installed yesterday). OS Win7 and yes, I’m the canary in that particular coal mine.

The steps are as above in my earlier post:

• Open OO text doc (attachment 1)
  • Open Safe Money protected  browser
  • Close/re-open OO text doc (attachment 2)

Note particularly the cursor in attachment 2 and how it’s completely off the page. Scrolling becomes impossible,  as well as the grayed-out/missing menu buttons/bars.

Thanks,

bd

Here’s the topic from the Apache OpenOffice forum regarding this issue. Listed as solved, but never actually was. Pretty sure K still won’t allow posting URL’s, so I’ve included a screenshot of the forum page, with the URL in the addy bar if you want to access it.

Thanks,

bd