New Chromium Edge Browser - Does Kaspersky Safe Money Support it ????

SydneyGuy

Hello @JW-C5, JW, 

You’re very welcome👌

Many of us are waiting (patiently & impatiently) for the Microsoft Edge Chromium browser - Kaspersky Protection extension; it’s having a lengthy gestation. 

• As soon as it’s available this post will be updated. 

Separate but relevant, atm, for Microsoft Edge Chromium browser, Kaspersky Password Manager extension, the extension is sourced and installed from Chrome Web Store, not Microsoft Web Store. 

Kaspersky experts have advised:

an extension for Microsoft Edge Chromium is expected to be released in one of the upcoming KPM patches, at that time Kaspersky users will not have to install the KPM extension from Chrome webstore.”

endquote

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

That's interesting to read, thanks for sharing it with us/me.

I was not aware that KPM presently uses a Chrome app to download and install the extension. So far I could not discover that, as I don't use the KPM 😁

Regards,
JW

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The eagle has landed, the J version is now installed 😄

A quick view seems to confirm that KSM is now working indeed under Edge-Chromium, I will do some further checks later.

The J version has introduced a bug on some sites, but that can be "solved” temporarily by a Shift + F5, as you're aware of.

Regards,
JW

Thanks for your elucidation.

As I have major problems with Safe Money under (Chromium) EDGE and Internet Explorer, to my regret had to decide to install Google Chrome on my Win10 PC as well.
Now Safe Money works normal, but I sincerly hope that shortly I can use Safe Money under Chromium EDGE, and that I can remove Google Chrome again from my PC.

Regards, JW

Hi JW-C5

I’ve been using Google Chrome for some time now and don’t seem to have had any problem with it, so I’m concerned to see that someone “regrettably” installed it. I have nothing to do with Google, but am wondering why it is that you don’t like it - have you noted security issues with it? This post may be removed because it’s not specifically related to kaspersky, but I would be interested to know.

Cheers

S