New Chromium Edge Browser - Does Kaspersky Safe Money Support it ????

SydneyGuy

Hello @SydneyGuy,

Welcome!

According to Kaspersky:
From: Kaspersky Lab Support, Sent: January 13, 2020, 15:49

Microsoft Edge Dev browser, supports KPM extension. It is a Beta version of Chromium-based Edge and is scheduled to be released on January 15, 2020. The support (Kaspersky) availability of the product under development is only valid for the new Mirosoft Edge Chromium.

Also, since its release in 2018, there are no newer versions of the KPM extension in the Microsoft Store.

Unquote

Thank you🙏

Hello @SydneyGuy,

You’re welcome!

It’s a bit confusing, their reference documentation states: Microsoft Edge (not supported in versions later than Microsoft Windows 10 1803), however, that actually applies to “old” Edge, not Edge Chromium.

Another (Kaspersky Password Manager) reference document states “In Patch B we've added support for the Microsoft Edge Dev browser, which is based on the Chromium kernel, this is depite the fact Kaspersky continually states, Kaspersky does not support any 3rd party software that’s in development software, however, now Edge Chromium has been commercially released, Kaspersky may well publish documentation that clearly defines the compatability/support.

Their documentation is frequently late in relation to new versions, patches & the rest. 

I'll keep you posted (in the your topic), if any new relevant information becomes available. 

Thank you🙏

Additional @SydneyGuy,

@Ylive has just advised:

Dear users, Hello:

Unfortunately, this browser is not currently supported, and our R & D department is working on this issue.

It is expected to be supported in the program's "I" patch. Please wait patiently to see the related patches after they are released.

If you have any questions, please continue to feedback or contact us by email.

unquote

🤔

Hello @SydneyGuy,

You’re welcome!

It’s a bit confusing, their reference documentation states: Microsoft Edge (not supported in versions later than Microsoft Windows 10 1803), however, that actually applies to “old” Edge, not Edge Chromium.

Another (Kaspersky Password Manager) reference document states “In Patch B we've added support for the Microsoft Edge Dev browser, which is based on the Chromium kernel, this is depite the fact Kaspersky continually states, Kaspersky does not support any 3rd party software that’s in development software, however, now Edge Chromium has been commercially released, Kaspersky may well publish documentation that clearly defines the compatability/support.

Their documentation is frequently late in relation to new versions, patches & the rest. 

I'll keep you posted (in the your topic), if any new relevant information becomes available. 

Thank you🙏

Thanks. Look forward to new information if you get it. Thanks again for your time

I can confirm that new Microsoft Edge (based in Chrome) works in upcoming K2021, I’m currently running KTS2021 last beta and Safe Money works…

Okay this is good news. I have KTS 2020 which I only purchased 2 months ago. Would this patch be rolled out to my product do you think ?

KTS2021beta is not a patch, is the new upcoming version of Kaspersky Home products, but probably Kaspersky soon will give support to this new Ms-Edge version to versions K2020 and K2019 via a  new patch...

Good to hear they are working on it

I can confirm that new Microsoft Edge (based in Chrome) works in upcoming K2021, I’m currently running KTS2021 last beta and Safe Money works…

So this is the beta KTS2021? Is that why the browser extension is also working there? I have kaspersky security cloud.. I’m guessing/hoping the same functionality will be updated in KSC for the browser extension and safe money?

Hello @pierrep,

You’re very welcome!

Hmm, yes, me too, however, Edge Chromium was commercially released 15th of Jan 2020, there’s no eta for “when” Kaspersky will actually support it, we’ve just started the year 2020, so maybe support will manifest this year in patch i, otherwise, we all wait for v2021, which is ages away🤔

At least KPM/Edge Chromium works☺

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @nexon,

The last time I had an extended dialogue with Kaspersky, about Brave, they made it very clear they would not be supporting Brave.

If you wish to, you may contact them, let them know you’d like them to include Brave in their “Supported” browsers. 

Ditto for any other “better faster safer browsers”. 

The more people who log formal requests with Kaspersky Technical Support, the more likely (possibly) there is to be a positive outcome.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @nexon,

The last time I had an extended dialogue with Kaspersky, about Brave, they made it very clear they would not be supporting Brave.

If you wish to, you may contact them, let them know you’d like them to include Brave in their “Supported” browsers. 

Ditto for any other “better faster safer browsers”. 

The more people who log formal requests with Kaspersky Technical Support, the more likely (possibly) there is to be a positive outcome.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD

Oh ??

Thanks for update

Thats shame. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please update us on when the Chromium Edge will be supported indeed? I am presently using TS 20.0.14.1085

I have it as my default browser under W10, and have indicated that in the settings of Safe Money. But it still opens in Internet Explorer, and that gives problems with a quite a number of sites. 

Regards, JW

Thanks for reacting to my question.

I appreciate that you cannot give a precise ETA, but do we have to think in weeks, or months?

In the latter case, I have to take other measures, as presently Safe Money increasingly is giving problems because many banks and sites do not support IE anymore. And the original EDGE as well did not work properly in most cases.

Regards, JW

Hello @JW-C5

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to “know” when a patch will be released. 

Historically, for version 20.0.14.1085, released on July 24, 2019, the patch cycle has been as follows: 

Patches A and B for Kaspersky version 20.0.14.1085 released on July 24, 2019. Same day. 
Patch C for Kaspersky version 20.0.14.1085 released on July 29, 2019.  5 days.
Patch D for Kaspersky version 20.0.14.1085 released on September 5, 2019.  38 days.
Patch E for Kaspersky version 20.0.14.1085 released on October 23, 2019.  48 days.
Patch F for Kaspersky version 20.0.14.1085 released on November 25, 2019.  32 days.
Patch G for Kaspersky version 20.0.14.1085 released on December 9, 2019.  14 days.
Patch H for Kaspersky version 20.0.14.1085 released on February 4, 2020.  56 days.

Additionally, sometimes, anticipated patches are changed, patch D for example, was pushed early as an emergency patch, so all the fixes anticipated in patch D were rolled over & arrived in patch E.

Patches are released, across the globe, in a staggered distribution, meaning, even tho a patch has a release date of x, a patch may not arrive on every device, on the same day.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thanks for your elucidation.

As I have major problems with Safe Money under (Chromium) EDGE and Internet Explorer, to my regret had to decide to install Google Chrome on my Win10 PC as well.
Now Safe Money works normal, but I sincerly hope that shortly I can use Safe Money under Chromium EDGE, and that I can remove Google Chrome again from my PC.

Regards, JW