My Kid disabled Kasperky safe kid

Chuc.Cao

I have 2 kids: Boy 13 years old, Girl 9. The boy is very good at computer (and coding) and recently he adjusted something in his Laptop and make Kaspersky Safe Kid (KSK) stoped functioning. I asked what did he do, he said he did nothing but I’m sure he tried to hack this (he tried to hack many other things).

When I restart his computer then KSK works normally, but later then it stops (several times already). My daughter Laptop has no problem with KSK. Both laptops are new and installed with Window 10

I use this software to monitor him and prevent him from bad effect from Internet and also limit time usage, however, I failed now. Is there anyway to fix this? Of course I changed the password in “My Kaspersky” from my Laptop and he did not know. Please help.

Hello @Chuc.Cao

Thank you for the information👌

1. Has 2 factor authentication been enabled in your MyKaspersky account? If “no”, Kaspersky recommends to do so. 
  2. Is there any other Kaspersky software installed on the laptop? 
  3. From the problem we worked on previously, please post an image(s) of KSK application list from the Laptop?
  4. Please post an image of the Application Categories? 
  • Please raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in our image, include a GSI & Windows Logs, provide as much detail as possible, if you have images that may help, include those, include the URL for this Community topic, Kaspersky may request Traces, they will guide you if necessary

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• 4 months later...

I have 2 kids: Boy 13 years old, Girl 9. The boy is very good at computer (and coding) and recently he adjusted something in his Laptop and make Kaspersky Safe Kid (KSK) stoped functioning. I asked what did he do, he said he did nothing but I’m sure he tried to hack this (he tried to hack many other things).

When I restart his computer then KSK works normally, but later then it stops (several times already). My daughter Laptop has no problem with KSK. Both laptops are new and installed with Window 10

Hi Chuc,

I have the same issue, my boy could “disable” safekids, but what i have found out, it only works on laptop. What he did was, he would close and open the laptop screen, sometimes several times and safekids will stop the countdown or it will say paused. I had to log off his account and log back in to enable safekids, but he only has to do it again.

I have 2 kids: Boy 13 years old, Girl 9. The boy is very good at computer (and coding) and recently he adjusted something in his Laptop and make Kaspersky Safe Kid (KSK) stopped functioning. I asked what did he do, he said he did nothing but I’m sure he tried to hack this (he tried to hack many other things).

Hi Chuc,

I have the same issue, my boy could “disable” safekids, but what i have found out, it only works on laptop. What he did was, he would close and open the laptop screen, sometimes several times and safekids will stop the countdown or it will say paused. I had to log off his account and log back in to enable safekids, but he only has to do it again.

Hello @Chuc.Cao & @Ray2004

1. Are the children actually disabling KSK or is it that KSK is not monitoring & reporting correctly? 
  2. Which KSK version & patch(x) is installed → on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. Is Windows Sleep mode used? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I have 2 kids: Boy 13 years old, Girl 9. The boy is very good at computer (and coding) and recently he adjusted something in his Laptop and make Kaspersky Safe Kid (KSK) stopped functioning. I asked what did he do, he said he did nothing but I’m sure he tried to hack this (he tried to hack many other things).

Hi Chuc,

Hello @Chuc.Cao & @Ray2004

1. Are the children actually disabling KSK or is it that KSK is not monitoring & reporting correctly? 
  2. Which KSK version & patch(x) is installed → on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. Is Windows Sleep mode used? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi Flood,

KSK will just paused, i can see paused icon. I saw him opening and closing laptop screen several times. I think it has to do with that. Safekids version 1.0.5.7353(h) and there is windows sleep mode option.