macOS 13 very slow login after installing Kaspersky

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

I don't believe anyone from Kaspersky will actually admit it's their problem. Their app for MacOS has gotten worse, over time, and as of May, I've uninstalled it. I'm just following this thread to see if Kaspersky finally has to admit they have an issue. Not holding my breath.

Edited by lth651

Hello,

As we wrote earlier on the product side there are no problems. But in the future, we plan to make changes to the Kaspersky app that can improve situation and, as a result, macOS 13 specifics with our application installed, will not affect the system boot speed. At the moment, we can't provide a date of these changes. Users will receive these changes automatically.

• Like 2

@Danila T. please stop marking your own post as "solution" as this is not the case.

I'll mark the proper solution when it comes.

Thanks,

Luca

EDIT: nothing personal of course. It is just a matter of respect for the future users that will read this thread looking for a real solution. Thanks.

Edited by Luca91

On 7/15/2023 at 11:25 AM, MarvinG said:

Hello friends,

Any updates on how to resolve this issue? After installing Kaspersky in a newly bought (6 days old) Mac Mini M2 16GB, OS Ventura 13.4.1, booting up to the desktop after entering my password takes 1.5 minutes. 

Hello everyone,

Here is the answer on the above issue. I sent an inquiry to Kaspersky Customer Support and their Engineering Team I received their reply... No plans to fix this in the near future. There is no solution.

Here is their reply:

"Dear customer, 

Hello,

Thank you for your kind understanding and we appreciate your patience on this.

Please find our experts' response to your query below:

We do not provide technical details. In the future, we plan to make changes to the Kaspersky app that can improve the situation and, as a result, macOS 13 specifics with our application installed, will not affect the system boot speed. At the moment, we can't provide a date of the fix. Users will receive these changes automatically.

We hope this information is helpful.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Warmest regards,
Isha | Customer Service Representative "

3916C7F0-8ED2-4345-8029-DCF4FDE7DEDB.thumb.jpeg.b90c078b16a62360ab3ae18fe4feb0b4.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Kaspersky Internet Security on my M1 Macbook pro for about 2 years and never had such slow logins as I'm having in these past two days since I purchased a new license and updated to Kaspersky Plus. 

Is there any solution already? Or does the app provider continue to say it's Apple's fault alone? If so, I want my money back!

13 hours ago, Danila T. said:

@Danila T. I too am experiencing this issue with my brand new 2023 Mac. I uninstalled Kaspersky 24 and clicked your link to download Kaspersky. It did NOT download version 23. It was again version 24. Where is the exact link for version 23 for Macs? 

29 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

@Danila T. I too am experiencing this issue with my brand new 2023 Mac. I uninstalled Kaspersky 24 and clicked your link to download Kaspersky. It did NOT download version 23. It was again version 24. Where is the exact link for version 23 for Macs? 

@Danila T. Chat support is saying it's not possible to downgrade to Kaspersky 23 🤯 Screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 1.30.29 PM.png

4 hours ago, Danila T. said:

@Danila T. that worked! Thank you so much! I can confirm patch C is not slowing down my Mac login anymore.

To prevent Kaspersky from upgrading to version 24, I have changed my settings. Is this correct? Please see attached screenshot. 

How will I know when the patch/fix has been released for version 24 so I can upgrade to the latest version? 

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 4.02.50 AM.png

7 hours ago, Danila T. said:

@AntiTrust These settings can be left unchanged. The autoupgrade to version 24 will not be launched until the patch for version 24 is released.

Excellent! Thank you, @Danila T.. I have changed the settings back to download and upgrade automatically when ready. For now I will sit on version 23.

I'm happy you all were able to determine the root cause and patch this issue! I really like Kaspersky and I was ready to switch to Bitdefender because of this issue. Now I do not have to! 😘

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2023 at 11:42 PM, MarvinG said:

Hello everyone,

Here is the answer on the above issue. I sent an inquiry to Kaspersky Customer Support and their Engineering Team I received their reply... No plans to fix this in the near future. There is no solution.

Here is their reply:

"Dear customer, 

Hello,

Thank you for your kind understanding and we appreciate your patience on this.

Please find our experts' response to your query below:

We do not provide technical details. In the future, we plan to make changes to the Kaspersky app that can improve the situation and, as a result, macOS 13 specifics with our application installed, will not affect the system boot speed. At the moment, we can't provide a date of the fix. Users will receive these changes automatically.

We hope this information is helpful.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Warmest regards,
Isha | Customer Service Representative "

3916C7F0-8ED2-4345-8029-DCF4FDE7DEDB.thumb.jpeg.b90c078b16a62360ab3ae18fe4feb0b4.jpeg

I am glad that because of my email to Kaspersky Support, Kaspersky may not have initiated any action to fix this issue even if this was reported 3 months ago here in the forum.

still, Kaspersky can make it better.

without the patch, it took my bootup time 1.5 minutes.

with this patch, it took the bootup time now for 17 seconds, big improvement.

without Kaspersky installed, the bootup time of Mac M2 16GB ram is 8 seconds.

Edited by MarvinG