Mac, Big Sur, Can't connect to Adobe Creative Cloud when KIS is active

Go to solution Solved by Sister Sabina,

I am using a MacBook Pro 16 inch 2019 running the latest version of BigSlur and have Little Snitch also installed.  However, I have noticed that I have no connection to Adobe Creative Cloud when KIS is active.  When I terminate KIS I can connect to Adobe and it runs perfectly.  I have created a rule in Little Snitch allowing for a connection between KIS and Adobe but still I can no longer download applications, install fonts or have access to stock photos.  Can any body suggest what the next step should be please.  Having to disconnect KIS each time I want to connect to Adobe Creative Cloud is rather a nuisance. 

Thanking you in advance,

Sr. Sabina

Sorry for my late reply.  I just checked the forum and found your answer.  Hm!  Where is the “KIS Trusted Zone” please?  I have a Japanese KIS and not sure where you mean.  I have added the following to trusted sites if thats what you mean.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html

I’m not sure whether I should get in touch with the Japanese KIS support but last time I did, it took them days before they got back to me.  This is what my preferences looks like, if you can tell me where I should be adding Adobe Creative Cloud please, it sure would help?

I added the above line to the bottom check box.

I am truly sorry for putting you to this trouble but it is annoying each time I try to download fonts, etc. when I am paying a rather large monthly subscription for Adobe and I can’t use it as I should be able to.

Thanking you

Sr. Sabina

Hello @Sister Sabina

Thank you for updating us👌

For us, it’s no trouble at all & there’s no delay, our objective is to see the issue(s) resolved and you happy. 

Agreed, you should be able to use Adobe fullstop! & yes,  Adobe is expensive, another reason to for this fixed.

Unfortunately, your image, we cannot read Japanese & it does not match our reference image, are you able to please kindly write back with a English translation of that screen please? 

For Adobe Creative Cloud/Trusted zone, we were seeking to “exclude” , if it was an app, however, adding the exclusion as you have is also a possible solution, only if it works, clearly it did not…. 😥

It’s very unfortunate to hear the response time from the Japanese Technical Team was slow, however, you do need to contact them please, they will require traces & other system logs, that information cannot be shared here in the Community.

We just checked the Japan support page, it appears as tho there’s no Online Chat & or Phone Support, so unfortunately, the only option is to log a case (as you have in the past), or contact Kaspersky Technical Support → Malaysia, English speaking, Online Chat,  24 x 7:

Note, one potential issue, the KIS GUI, in Japanese, may be difficult for them, unless they speak Japanese 😌

Please keep us updated? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋 

Hello, @Sister Sabina 

This is a bug in the macOS and it will be fixed in the future by Apple (macOS 11.2 or newest). As temporary solution need uninstall the Little Snitch and/or CISCO (if installed) and restart Mac. Check that components of these applications are removed from the macOS network settings (need uninstall). Check problem again.

Well, thank you for that information.  I certainly can’t install any Adobe application or do any searches for assets with KIS active.  Always have to shut it down.  After uninstalling Little Snitch and/or CISCO (not sure what that is) and restarting Mac is it ok to reinstall Little Snitch again?  I have rules that I certainly use that I wouldn’t want to loose.  

Thanking you

Sabina

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

Just reporting back.  After many failed attempts to install BigSlur 11.2 today(finally found that Kaspersky was blocking my connection and thus did an “exist”) all has now been rectified.  Adobe Stock is showing up nicely, I have my activated fonts, my emoji, etc. etc.  So, yes, it was Apple that needed to fix the problem which they appear to have.  One very happy person.  Thank you Danila.

Sabina