KIS Licence for 3 computers.

Bob73
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

(1) can I enter the 3 codes into a single computer to be covered for 3 years

(2) how long after entering the code into 1 computer to I get to enter the codes into 2 others, ie. could I keep the codes safe for 1 year so I can resecure the computer, then use the last code after the next year has past.

Edited by Bob73
spelling

• Solution
1 hour ago, Bob73 said:

(1) can I enter the 3 codes into a single computer to be covered for 3 years

(2) how long after entering the code into 1 computer to I get to enter the codes into 2 others, ie. could I keep the codes safe for 1 year so I can resecure the computer, then use the last code after the next year has past.

Hello @Bob73

Welcome!

• What is the term of the KIS License for 3 computers?  If it's a one year, three device license - then there's one Activation code, not three: 
  1. No, the duration of the license & the number of devices is set at the date you purchased the software license. 
  2. As soon as the software is activated, on the first computer, the one-year period starts & that date is the start date for all devices, irrespective of whether you install the software on all three devices on the same day, or different days; IF for example, you install the software & activate on the first computer today, then install the software on the second computer on Christmas day 2022, the start date of the license is set at today's date - the license duration clock, starts ticking from today. 
  3. Make sure the Activation code is in your MyKaspersky account. 
  4. Read: How to delete the license from the application and then reapply it.
  • Any questions, please do not hesitate to post back? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Resources:

How to connect a device to your MyKaspersky account

About device protection on My Kaspersky

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added resources

Hey, thanx (to you and your wife) for the clear response.

One additional question, if you don't mind.

I have a desktop computer KIS secured, 294 days remaining. (so to ~ August 11, 2023)

I also have an unsecured laptop.

If I buy a "KIS code for two computers" I can secure the laptop for 365 days to 21st Oct 2023, obviously.

But can I also use the code to EXTEND the coverage on the desktop.

If so, will it extend the coverage by adding 365 days to the 294 days. = 659 days

OR will it only extend the coverage to the same 21st Oct 2023 = 365 days

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob73 said:

I have a desktop computer KIS secured, 294 days remaining. (so to ~ August 11, 2023)

I also have an unsecured laptop.

If I buy a "KIS code for two computers" I can secure the laptop for 365 days to 21st Oct 2023, obviously.

But can I also use the code to EXTEND the coverage on the desktop.

If so, will it extend the coverage on the desktop by adding 365 days to the 294 days. = 659 days

OR will it only extend the coverage to the same 21st Oct 2023 = 365 days

Hello @Bob73

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the additional question!

No, you cannot use the code to extend the coverage on the desktop, as there will be two different licenses. 

However, assuming you would like to extend the new KIS license for the two computers it would be necessary to get in touch with Technical Support and they can make a request for the existing license 294 days, to be added to the new license || This has been confirmed by a Technical Support Supervisor

To log the request with Support, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Activation & license issues, Other template; after the request has been processed usually within 24 to 48 hours the new license would have the new validity period.

Note: Kaspersky has recently released a new range - the KIS equivalent software is called Kaspersky Standard, please read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - Danila T.  

Additionally, please note the difference between a one user account license for two devices, for x term & a two user account license, for two devices, for x term - Kaspersky Standard only comes as a one user account license for x devices for y term. 

• Any questions, please do not hesitate to post back? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added resource

I getcha.

Entering an (appropriate) licence code into a computer already covered isn't going to work.

But Tech Support might be able to do it for me.

Will have a think. No rush to use the lappy. ?

- maybe in the future Kaspersky will do 6month licences ?

?

• Like 2