Kill-Switch feature

Many VPNs have ability to protect the genuine public IP address from being leaked in the case of an unexpected connection drop-out. I was unpleasantly surprised to discover that there is no such feature offered by Kaspersky Secure Connection. 

This is a question to Kaspersky. Are you planning to add Kill-Switch option to the product?

Hello @whitecatlab 

Welcome again!

• Unfortunately, product enhancements and development requests are not processed via this community portal, Kaspersky require all of us, to create any such requests, directly to their Technical Team.
  • This can be done via phone, online chat (if it's available in your region) or via MyKaspersky account online, using Create request, "I have a suggestion" template - see image
  • Kaspersky technical/business teams review all requests, measure requests again a variety of benchmarks and do whatever passes.
  • Kaspersky Technical Team will communicate with you regarding any suggestion raised with them.
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • Please share the outcome when it’s available?

Thank you 🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @whitecatlab,

Thank you for replying👌

I happen to agree with you, however, Kaspersky does have a formal procedure, if you do the stats on the original Kaspersky Forum and this Community portal, of all the suggestions that have not been evolved, bc, they’ve never been logged &, if the “improvement” is logged, you have a record of it & can track it’s progress😉

Thank you 🙏

Flood🐳

Kaspersky is dependent on Hotspot Shield VPN, and Hotspot Shield does support this feature. So, it would not be difficult to implement the feature into KSC. In my opinion, they didn’t do it because of the pricing. Hotspot Shield is much more expensive than KSC (95.88 USD/1y compared to 29.99 USD/1 year), thus Kaspersky cut off some features, like this one and they shrank the number of countries to connect compared to Hotspot..

I don’t know, this is my guess, but I’m really curious what will Tech Support say?

• 1 month later...