Is it worth using/paying for a VPN service other than Kaspersky VPN when Kaspersky antivirus monitors all the sites I browse on the internet?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

For example, if I use another VPN, Kaspersky antivirus monitors the websites I visit, so I wonder if it is worth paying for anoter VPN if I use Kaspersky antivirus? I don't know if it's worth paying for a VPN other than Kaspersky and if it would be better to just pay for Kaspersky Plus and save money.

Is it true that Kaspersky antivirus can monitor sites on the Internet even if I use a VPN other than Kaspersky?

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by Berny

• Solution
2 hours ago, Vojt33w said:

For example, if I use another VPN, Kaspersky antivirus monitors the websites I visit, so I wonder if it is worth paying for another VPN if I use Kaspersky antivirus?

I don't know if it's worth paying for a VPN other than Kaspersky and if it would be better to just pay for Kaspersky Plus and save money.

1. Is it true that Kaspersky antivirus can monitor sites on the Internet even if I use a VPN other than Kaspersky?

Hello @Votsha

Welcome!

Kaspersky Plus offers next-generation cybersecurity to protect you against new viruses, ransomware, and malware – without slowing you down. Also includes payment protection, password manager, and unlimited VPN to keep your digital life private and safe. Advanced security with anti-phishing and firewall included.

The Unlimited VPN is for the subscriber account only. 

Personally, we use Kaspersky AV & Kaspersky VPN - all in one - combined - one subscription - one cost $ - works for us. 

1. Yes, Kaspersky AV provides web monitoring & protection - the VPN - any VPN is not like an AV - the VPN, put very simply is to hide the original source IP. 
  2. Read: Kaspersky Plus
  3. Read: What is the purpose of Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection
  4. Read: How your subscription works

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2024 at 1:40 PM, Vojt33w said:

For example, if I use another VPN, Kaspersky antivirus monitors the websites I visit, so I wonder if it is worth paying for anoter VPN if I use Kaspersky antivirus? I don't know if it's worth paying for a VPN other than Kaspersky and if it would be better to just pay for Kaspersky Plus and save money.

Is it true that Kaspersky antivirus can monitor sites on the Internet even if I use a VPN other than Kaspersky?

Thank you for your answers.

Antivirus and vpn do two different things: the antivirus scans the data but does not encrypt, vpn does not scan but creates an encrypted tunnel to keep privacy protected.
I use antivirus Kaspersky Plus but I do not use the Kaspersky vpn because it is YES-LOGS: Kaspersky vpn is provided by the Pango Platform, Kaspersky vpn sends users data to Pango which "Data is preserved for 12 months".
I prefer use a NO-LOGS vpn and it has its Servers-ram that lose data at every server restart.
I think that the vpn makes sense only if it is no-logs, if it is yes-logs it makes no sense at all, so i pay for another vpn no-logs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gionatan said:

Antivirus and vpn do two different things: the antivirus scans the data but does not encrypt, vpn does not scan but creates an encrypted tunnel to keep privacy protected.
I use antivirus Kaspersky Plus but I do not use the Kaspersky vpn because it is YES-LOGS: Kaspersky vpn is provided by the Pango Platform, Kaspersky vpn sends users data to Pango which "Data is preserved for 12 months".
I prefer use a NO-LOGS vpn and it has its Servers-ram that lose data at every server restart.
I think that the vpn makes sense only if it is no-logs, if it is yes-logs it makes no sense at all, so i pay for another vpn no-logs.

Hello @Gionatan

Welcome back!

Please read: Kaspersky VPN: Transparency and Security & Pango Group, Application Security Audit statement: 

The auditors used a combination of tools and manual techniques during the testing. Industry best practices were followed to test Pango’s various privacy controls and confirm Pango does not collect activity logs or connection logs.

* Pango is not responsible for the data practices of any of our clients that integrate Pango’s VPN solution into their services. Each client’s practices are subject to the client’s individual privacy policy and terms of service. Customers of Pango’s clients should review the client’s privacy policy and terms of service to understand how that client uses their customer’s information collected through the client’s services.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling

22 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Gionatan

Welcome back!

Please read: Kaspersky VPN: Transparency and Security & Pango Group, Application Security Audit statement: 

The auditors used a combination of tools and manual techniques during the testing. Industry best practices were followed to test Pango’s various privacy controls and confirm Pango does not collect activity logs or connection logs.

* Pango is not responsible for the data practices of any of our clients that integrate Pango’s VPN solution into their services. Each client’s practices are subject to the client’s individual privacy policy and terms of service. Customers of Pango’s clients should review the client’s privacy policy and terms of service to understand how that client uses their customer’s information collected through the client’s services.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Thank You Flood  🙂

+ in Kaspersky VPN: Transparency and Security
(Q: Where are your VPN servers located?)

- "The servers are managed by our VPN vendor Pango GmbH and its affiliates, including Pango, located in Switzerland and the United States".

United States = "5 Eyes Alliance".

+ in Pango Group, Application Security Audit

- talks about source code security.

The Pango Policy is mentioned in its Platform site: What data is collected by the Pango Platform?

- "Data is preserved for 12 months"  ( = YES-LOGS)

I repeat: "I think that the vpn makes sense only if it is no-logs, if it is yes-logs it makes no sense at all, so i pay for another vpn no-logs".

The vpn i want to use:

- no-logs;

- no "Eyes Alliance";

- servers-ram;

- third audits.

Privacy is very important for me, i just abandoned Chrome to use Firefox and maybe in the future i might abandon Windows to use Linux.

• Like 1

@Gionatan,

Thank you for sharing that information. As it happens, I have a privacy email package that includes unlimited, no-logs VPN that I use instead of Kaspersky, even though their VPN is included in my Premium subscription.

As for why your links were removed, I am remain baffled by the seemingly variable rules about when links are or are not permitted.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

• Like 1

14 hours ago, garioch7 said:

As for why your links were removed, I am remain baffled by the seemingly variable rules about when links are or are not permitted.

Regards,
Phil

The link to "5 Eyes Alliance" was an explanation of "5/9/14 Eyes Alliance", that is part of the topic of the post, ok was deleted maybe an external site (no explanation, maybe don't subject further).

The link to "What data is collected by the Pango Platform?" that belongs to the Pango Platform site, that belongs to Pango, that is part of K-vpn where it explains in detail (for transparency) what data is preserved and how long it is preserved and there is the sentence: "Data is preserved for 12 months". It would be linked by K-vpn (for transparency) but nothing and it was deleted (no explanation, maybe not to know which data is preserved and not to know for which time = no transparency).

Just do an internet search: "Data is preserved for 12 months" to find the site.

@garioch7 Hi,

17 hours ago, garioch7 said:

I have a privacy email package that includes unlimited, no-logs VPN that I use instead of Kaspersky

Concerning   ? Kaspersky VPN Logs ?  please see comments from @Danila T.

On 10/7/2021 at 1:09 PM, Danila T. said:

Kaspersky provides the VPN servers together with its trusted partner, the Pango software company, and both Kaspersky and Pango do not log online user activity. In addition to this, users’ IP addresses do not exist when the VPN session is closed, nor are they logged. Our cooperation with the Pango is based on the data protection agreement. Further information about how the Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection processes users’ data can be found
here.

Also :
(1)How Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection processes your data

" Kaspersky and Pango don’t log online activity such as the pages you open or files you download."

(2)Submit a request regarding Kaspersky Lab’s Privacy Policies

• Like 1

@Berny,

Thank you for the clarification.  Your Link (1) was especially comprehensive and reassuring to me, and I am sure, to other Kaspersky VPN users as well.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

• Like 1