How to force update of Safe Kids now that the new version is out?

sha123

How to update Safe Kids to version H, which is supposed to fixed the latest issues?

Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows release notes

Release notes say that 

“Patch H for Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows version 1.0.5 was released on February 25, 2021.

In patch H, we have fixed an issue that caused limits of device usage to stop working after exiting Sleep mode.

Patch H is installed automatically with the Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows database update.”

Would love my SK to work again, unfortunatelly it’s still version G on my son’s PC. Reinstalling Safe Kids doesn’t help, it installs G version. 

God it’s so annoying. 

Hello @sha123

Welcome back! 

It’s still G on all our devices too!

Interesting question, we had no trouble with seamless KSK patch updates, for 2 or 3 years; now, with a patch that so many parents desperately want & …. something appears to have gone awol with the distribution😡

We checked with Kaspersky Technical Support, they said:

1. KSK is not region dependant.
  2. Patch H should have arrived.
  3. We could uninstall existing 1.0.5.6821(g), reboot, download & clean install KSK1.0.5.1360🤔
  4. We’ve checked installers from 2 resources, both have KSK 1.0.5.1360….. 😞
  5. Kaspersky Technical Support apologised & have escalated the issue to Russia, they’ve been advised it’s urgent. 

As soon as we receive a response we’ll update you. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Patch 'h' is distributed in a staggered manner.
This means that it may take a few days until your KSK receives the patch. This cannot be accelerated.

App="SAFEKIDS 1.0.5.[1360,4096,4638,4848,6123,6390,6821]"
Target="[0-65535]"
ApplyPeriod="24"
ApplyAction="restart_os"
FixName="h"

How to update Safe Kids to version H, which is supposed to fixed the latest issues?

How do I get Safe Kids to do this update?

Hello @sha123 & @JR69,

Advice from Kaspersky: 

The publication of the patch H was postponed due to a bug, which has been found during tests.

It will be published 100% to all Kaspersky user's PCs on 11.03.2021.

end quote

They further advised:

There’s a “distributive Patch H, due out, 2 weeks after 11.03.2021”

eq

-------------------------------------------

Note the advice in the (now incorrect) release notes: “In patch H, we have fixed an issue that caused limits of device usage to stop working after exiting Sleep mode

The fix is only for KSK, where restrictions do not work after awakening from Sleep Mode.

If you’ve not been using sleep mode, Patch H, eta 11.03.2021will not help, (apparently)🤔

We’re seeking information about the “distributive”.

We will update this topic when information becomes available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Patch 'h' is distributed in a staggered manner.
This means that it may take a few days until your KSK receives the patch. This cannot be accelerated.

App="SAFEKIDS 1.0.5.[1360,4096,4638,4848,6123,6390,6821]"
Target="[0-65535]"
ApplyPeriod="24"
ApplyAction="restart_os"
FixName="h"

Hi,

does this patch address the issue that we’ve been talking about, i.e. time restrictions not working and apps not being blocked? I don’t think it has anything to do with windows sleep mode in most cases.

Hello @sha123

No.

Patch H, due 11.03.21, is only for KSK, where restrictions do not work after awakening from Sleep Mode.”

There are 3 topics, in the English section, there may be others in the other foreign language sections, raised by Community members, where the time restrictions not working & apps not being blocked, may have the sleep mode factor. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

You don’t know that. I was told by the Support after I submitted my ticket that the upcoming patch H will fix my issue. Now that the release notes say something about Sleep Mode I’m trying to figure out what’s going on by asking the Kaspersky Employee. 

You don’t know that. I was told by the Support after I submitted my ticket that the upcoming patch H will fix my issue. Now that the release notes say something about Sleep Mode I’m trying to figure out what’s going on by asking the Kaspersky Employee. 

I guess we’ve got two contradictory answers; I was told that my issue will be taken care of so I asked the Kaspersky team member for clarification.

I guess we’ve got two contradictory answers; I was told that my issue will be taken care of so I asked the Kaspersky team member for clarification.

@sha123,

When you created this topic “How to force update of Safe Kids now that the new version is out?”, 3rd Mar 2021, we checked our systems, and also found no patch H, on that basis & on the basis of the topic you created, we logged a case, and provided the feedback to you; the case got escalated to the Kaspersky/KSK expert team in Russia for an answer; their reply (to us) is as per the email, shown in our last reply. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

@sha123,

When you created this topic “How to force update of Safe Kids now that the new version is out?”, 3rd Mar 2021, we checked our systems, and also found no patch H, on that basis & on the basis of the topic you created, we logged a case, and provided the feedback to you; the case got escalated to the Kaspersky/KSK expert team in Russia for an answer; their reply (to us) is as per the email, shown in our last reply. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

That’s ok but I wasn’t asking you; my question was to @Schulte, the Kaspersky Team member apparently. I got my answer from the Kaspersky Lab Support regarding limits and blocking not working, regardless of entering sleep mode or not. They confirmed that patch H will fix it. I got this information before changelog for Patch H was released. So I’m trying to figure which answer (mine or yours) is correct as they are contradictory.

My ticket was INC000012482659

@sha123,

We’ve all been told the “upcoming patch” would fix the issue; that’s why we were surprised to find it had been published but had not “arrived.”

Kaspersky have since revised that advice, as already advised above, because:

The publication of the patch H was postponed due to a bug, which has been found during tests.”

Our expectation is all testing would be concluded before a patch distribution starts. 

Today, we responded to your first statement; we’re sharing the information that’s been provided to us, from the Kaspersky/KSK Technical experts (Russia) who are working on the issue. 

We’re sure @Schulte will update your topic as well. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

The point is not the arrival or postponing of the patch. It’s about what it does.

It was supposed to address certain issues, if it does not someone should clarify that. “Exiting sleep mode” is a bit ambiguous; one may argue that the person who wrote this is not the native speaker of English. Perhaps they mean “sleep mode” of Safe Kids, i.e. the period in which the app is inactive. When a device is powered on, it tries to reconnect after “sleep” and this is what this is about. So someone from Kaspersky should clarify that.

That’s ok but I wasn’t asking you; my question was to @Schulte, the Kaspersky Team member apparently.

Hello @sha123,

I'm afraid I have to temper your expectations here.

I am only a member of the mod team and don't have the information that support has. Only a 'Kaspersky Employee' can clarify the question.

Maybe @Igor Kurzin can say something about it.

Best regards