Advanced disinfection and system watcher

Go to solution Solved by Xzz123,

Hi! 

I noticed right now when I click disinfect and restart pc... during advanced disinfection open main GUI window and here I see system watcher is off... But if I check it go to system watcher settings there is on. 

EDIT : Reprots of System Watcher stopping and starting.

So what? On or off? 

20240220_190857.jpg

20240220_190909.jpg

20240220_190914.jpg

syswatcher.jpg

why stops.jpg

Edited by nexon
  • Confused 1

@nexonHi

I ran a test and it's normal here (Kaspersky Plus - 21.16.6.467)

As I am doing academic work on ransomware and intrusion prevention, I used some samples to carry out the test.

Try restoring Kaspersky settings to default or try reinstalling the product using the latest installer and see if the problem still persists.

Spoiler

Sorry, at the time of the test I forgot to put the language in English, so it is in Portuguese, but I believe you can understand

In the test, Kaspersky is using factory settings

01.thumb.png.2b964c4cee31abe4c52f549beceb6ecf.png

02.thumb.png.e1e4858a65e20f53f2c52c0c8acf54e6.png

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 2

@nexon

Well, as previously stated, I have not observed this behavior regarding the "System Watcher" component

I'm not saying you're not right, I'm just showing you the facts that I could observe here

If you are facing this problem and figured it out ok, congratulations (I'm not against you, I'm just saying what I tested and observed)

Spoiler

01.thumb.png.d05a83158129fd3ab4cf2a1ada9971e8.png

• Like 2

Something is not okay ... it also on BETA. You not testing SAME sample as me. You must click on disinfect and restart if kaspersky not offering this then your sample is nothing. System Watcher must be involved.

I mean your detailed reports of system watcher but history for example last 7 days etc or more... I wanted check if system watcher starting proces and stopping proces as this screen showing from FEBRUARY 2024syswatcher.jpg

• Like 2

• Solution

to solve some interesting problems

try to delete all files in this location:

C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.16\Report\*

remember to disable self-defense and exit K product first. than turn self-defense on when you reopen K.

• Like 3

Just now, Xzz123 said:

to solve some interesting problems

try to delete all files in this location:

C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.16\Report\*

remember to disable self-defense and exit K product first. than turn self-defense on when you reopen K.

Okay and then test virus sample again... I will try.

• Like 2

@nexon

Do you know if I clicked "Disinfect and restart"?

Well, in fact, some samples even infected the machine...

I'm not here for discussion, I just tried to help you and provide you with the experience I experienced (I don't pretend to be the owner of reason)

VtkXi7awy7.png.eee4c3d6d41b0c9d381f7b8a08494693.png

The folder was created on my D disk on February 14th, but the samples inside the folder were downloaded between yesterday and today 👍😉

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 2