“This certificate or the certificate chain is built on an untrusted root center”.

acjoubert

Every time when I am sending an email I get this Kaspersky Internet Security Reason message “This certificate or the certificate chain is built on an untrusted root center”.

I must click the continue button on this warning window and the next window for me to confirm this action before my email will be send.

I only get this warning messages in KIS. Application version is: 20.0.14.1085 (m)

I am using MS Outlook Pro Plus 2019.

Where can I change the setting to stop getting this warning messages when sending emails?

Thanks

Hallo @Berny 

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have added the SMTP & POP/IMap server exclusions. That setting work because I dont get a warning message for each email that I want to send. However,  I still get a warning message but at least just once if I have reboot or restart my computer. If I have accepted the warning to use this server then I can use my Outlook to send emails the whole time without getting any messages until I reboot the computer again and accept this warning message for the next session until I reboot the computer again.

Do you know of a setting to get around this?

Hallo @Berny 

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have added the SMTP & POP/IMap server exclusions. That setting work because I dont get a warning message for each email that I want to send. However,  I still get a warning message but at least just once if I have reboot or restart my computer. If I have accepted the warning to use this server then I can use my Outlook to send emails the whole time without getting any messages until I reboot the computer again and accept this warning message for the next session until I reboot the computer again.

Do you know of a setting to get around this?

Hello,

Also, please press View Certificate… button. Let us know which certificates lead to this issue.

Regards.

@Berny

Herewith the certificate info.

And then also the Outgoing Mail Server settings. My server provider have done the setting for the Encryption as SSL/TLS

Hello,

There is no “Syrex Intranets SICS CA” root certificates in windows trusted certificate store. I think this alarm is correct. you should ask a support request to the mail servies provider. You should install a trusted root certificate in windows trusted certificate store. Let them to tell you how to install a third-part certificate in your system.

PS. You can try “Install certificates...” buttom to install the certificate. This buttom is in your first screenshot.

Regards.