updates

Go to solution Solved by nexon,

I have Kaspersky Premium and it is updating constantly. Says I have a subscription problem numerous times per day. Is this my fault because it is becoming annoying. My updates are on automatic. I use to be able to update once a day but now I have it on automatic.

10 hours ago, Kenneth 1967 said:
  1. I have Kaspersky Premium, and it is updating constantly.
  2. Says I have a subscription problem numerous times per day.
  • My updates are on automatic.
  • I used to be able to update once a day but now I have it on automatic.
  • Is this my fault because it is becoming annoying.

Hello @Kenneth 1967

Welcome!

• On (our) systems, automatic DB updates - run approximately every two hours.
  • A 'subscription' issue is not normal.
  • (ioo) there's should be no relationship between the DB updates & 'a subscription' issue.
  • Having an application 'not work' is annoying - irrespective of whose fault it is, let's just worry about getting both issues fixed - read on: 

1. Regarding the frequency of the Database updates, you may try restoring the Kaspersky app to its default settings:

• (A) Export Kaspersky application Settings -> open Kaspersky app, select the Settings ⚙icon on the lower-left-hand-side of the GUI, select Manage Settings, select Export, select Save (to save the current application settings to a file.)
  • (B)Return to Manage Settings, select Restore, select Next, select Confirm, select Done. ||| Do not Import the original Settings |||
  • (C) Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not  Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login. 
  • (D) Check the frequency of the Database updates? 
  • (E) & read & follow: Update Issues checklist by Richbuff
  • (F) & read & follow: General recommendations for solving database update issues in Kaspersky applications

2. Regarding the 'subscription' issue - please post a full screen screen-print, showing the 'subscription' issue details - ***hide any private information - like your email address, License Key etc., before posting; also note, most 'subscription' issues, the Community cannot assist; the Community has no access to your private information... The best course of action is to log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

IF the 'frequency of the Database updates' issue remains, despite the reset & following the documented guides, while you're discussing the 'subscription' issue with support, you may also wish to raise it with Support. 

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Image resources: 

Database updates, on our system: Automatic DB updates, approximately every 2hrs: 

image.thumb.jpeg.3dbaddc5daa7507f7d4b0152de8da5c7.jpeg

Export & Restore Kaspersky Settings: 

image.thumb.jpeg.5f7fb9f01a5286c99e3838d0d3f3a57f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5c574dba93f00050b5563922e78c991e.jpeg

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling