PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic SPIERSedit palaeontological software false positive?

drespinozag
Go to solution Solved by drespinozag,

Dear Community,

I am a palaeontologist working with a package called SPIERS (Serial Palaeontological Image Editing and Rendering System) which is composed of three separate programs. I recently downloaded the program in a new computer from the official site: https://spiers-software.org/index.html . I was running it normally until it suddenly closed and disappeared. Kaspersky detected it as a trojan virus: PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic and deleted the file SPIERSedit64.exe. I was wondering if you could review this issue and fix it. This program is really important for my job.

Kind regards,

Dr Espinoza

Hello @drespinozag

Welcome!

1. Use Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal to scan the detected object(s) &, also, select the Submit to reanalyze, complete the form & send. 
  2. If you have a subscription license, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Malware, False positive template; zip the .exe file, name the zip archive malware, or infected & protect the zip archive with a password, add the zip archive to the request; add the password to the request; in the problem description provide a detailed history & the KAV Report; Support may request Logs & or other system data, they will guide you if necessary: 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋