Patch H not installing

DebbieB

Hi I need to update my Kaspersky Free Antivirus to patch H - it is currently on 20.0.14.1085 J. I have run the database update multiple times but it does not install the new patch - I thought this would happen automatically. There is an issue with Firefox and the inject script that has been causing our company beta website to fail and I was advised that patch H would address the issue. However I can't get the patch installed to verify the fix. I have restarted my PC multiple times. Please can you let me know how to get it installed. Many Thanks Debbie

Hello @DebbieB 

Welcome!

Please tell me:

1. Operating system version & build?
  2. May I have an image of the KAVF About screen?  In Windows Taskbar - rightclick on the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. Please provide more detail about “ issue with Firefox and the inject script that has been causing our company beta website to fail “, there may be a solution available that doesn’t rely on patch h, if the patch cannot be updated immediately🤔
  4. Just as FYI: regarding Patches: Patch distribution is staggered around the globe, patches arrive “silently”, according to some people, if a device is not shutdown for a period of 7 days, the  Kaspersky application will send a notification to the Notification Center & turns the Kaspersky icon RED
  5. Essentially, if a patch arrives and a device is rebooted in the period less than 7days, no-one has any idea a patch has arrived and only finds out when their device is restarted & if they happened to be looking at the patch (for whatever reason)…

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD 

Here is the info you were looking for: 

1. Operating system version & build?  Windows 10 Home, Version 1903, Build 18362.637
  2. May I have an image of the KAVF About screen?  In Windows Taskbar - rightclick on the Kaspersky icon, select About

3. Please provide more detail about “ issue with Firefox and the inject script that has been causing our company beta website to fail “, there may be a solution available that doesn’t rely on patch h, if the patch cannot be updated immediately🤔

The error occurs under the following conditions:

1. The client is using a firefox browser
  2. The client is running Kaspersky Free Antivirus
  3. The following setting in  Settings -> Additional -> Network  is enabled:  Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages

The error occurs when the client performs a search on our website.

Below are the logs showing the error – specifically it is the injected Kaspersky code that is throwing a TypeError: "ns.GetCommandSrc is not a function" error.

Detailed logs below:

Search filter loaded! searchFilter.js:1:8
CHECKBOXES
NodeList(13) [ input#cape-town.filter-checkbox-input, input#chobe-national-park.filter-checkbox-input, input#etosha-national-park.filter-checkbox-input, input#garden-route.filter-checkbox-input, input#kilimanjaro.filter-checkbox-input, input#kruger-national-park.filter-checkbox-input, input#masai-mara.filter-checkbox-input, input#ngorongoro.filter-checkbox-input, input#okavango-delta.filter-checkbox-input, input#sabi-sands-game-reserve.filter-checkbox-input
, … ]
searchFilter.js:8:8
fetchTours() has been called TheResults.vue:89:14
Query {"from":0,"size":10,"sort":[{"tour_duration":{"order":"asc"}}],"query":{"bool":{"must":[{"match":{"tour_status":"open"}},{"range":{"tour_duration":{"gte":1,"lte":56}}},{"bool":{"should":[]}},{"bool":{"should":[]}},{"range":{"tour_price_usd":{"gte":1,"lte":10000}}},{"match_phrase":{"tour_destinations":"chobe-national-park"}}]}}} index.js:16:10
FETCHI RESULTS fetchApiResult.js:4:10
!! performRequest() called fetchApiResult.js:19:10
ERROR (retrying) TypeError: "ns.GetCommandSrc is not a function"
    GetCommandUrl main.js:988
    open main.js:1023
    exports xhr.js:28
    exports xhr.js:11
    exports dispatchRequest.js:59
fetchApiResult.js:35:14

When the Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages setting is disabled the website functions normally

There are examples of other companies that have experienced the same error:

https://github.com/aws-amplify/amplify-js/issues/3985#issuecomment-529922444 />https://discourse.algolia.com/t/algoliasearchunknownerror-ns-getcommandsrc-is-not-a-function/9078/2

1. Just as FYI: regarding Patches: Patch distribution is staggered around the globe, patches arrive “silently”, according to some people, if a device is not shutdown for a period of 7 days, the  Kaspersky application will send a notification to the Notification Center & turns the Kaspersky icon RED

This has not happened to me

1. Essentially, if a patch arrives and a device is rebooted in the period less than 7days, no-one has any idea a patch has arrived and only finds out when their device is restarted & if they happened to be looking at the patch (for whatever reason)…

I keep hoping the patch will arrive!

Hi,

Recommendation: Update Windows 10 to the last version 1909.

You can try with this:

1. Disable self-defense
2. Unload the product
3. Set the value 200 of the UpdateTarget key of the registry branch
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP20.0\environment (This is for KTS 2020, search the path for Kaspersky Free)
4. Run the product, enable self-defense
5. Update anti-virus databases
6. Restart the computer

Remember. This is the last option, the best is wait for the patch.

Regards